News   May 09, 2024
 810     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 545     0 

Liberal defects to the Conservatives

• Thread starter Abeja de Almirante
  • Start date
give this a read.

This one MP came face-to-face with the party machine in a series of unhappy meetings including one tonight with the prime minister. I think it is now safe to say my career options within the Conservative caucus are seriously limited.

PM Stevo was not a happy camper.

Ah yes, though I could live happily forever without seeing these right wing windbags in power, the good them about them being there is watching them screw up. Hopefully we're not left with too much of a national deficit at the end of it all.

Bizorky did not state GTA, he said "Are you suggesting that Toronto is not an imperative for the Conservatives?".

When was the last time the mayors, media or people from the 905 called themselves Torontonians? Are you honestly saying that someone from Beamsville, Bradford, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Oshawa, St. Catharines or Welland would consider themselves part of Toronto because they have a 905 telephone number?

GTA is a made-up term for selling Ontario to Americans and overseas, much as we used to call it the Golden Horseshoe before we had the easily categorized 905.

Toronto is not the GTA. Toronto is part of the GTA, nothing more. More people in the GTA live outside of Toronto than in it. Of the estimated 5.6 million people that live in the GTA, only 2.4 million of them live inside the city of Toronto.

So when someone says that the Conservatives are ignoring the industrial centre of the nation and in the same breath refers to this as Toronto; they're wrong.
you say the 905 is the industrial centre of canada and use beamsville and bradford as examples?? the industrial centre of the 905 area is the big suburbs like mississauga and vaughan, not niagara falls :lol

and mississauga and vaughan, not to mention most of the urban parts of halton, durham, peel, and york, owe their existence to toronto - they exist as we know them because toronto outgrew its borders. CMAs exist for a reason.

btw - i could be wrong but i have a feeling that the city of toronto has more industrial space than any other single municipality in the GTA. if that's true then by your standards it is the industrial centre of the country.

I guess I am still wondering: is Toronto not an imperative of the Conservatives? Or are they willing to kiss off eleven percent of the total population of the country?

Toronto is not the GTA. Toronto is part of the GTA, nothing more

Just a couple of examples: Fourth largest financial sector in North America? Third largest stock exchange? Fourth largest biomedical research community in North America?

Nothing more?

For over a decade they were willing to kiss off the 25% of the country's population in Quebec...

PM Stevo was not a happy camper.

I wonder if he threw a chair again.

Back