Vaughan Leviathan at Canada's Wonderland | 93.26m | ?s | Cedar Fair

I've always thought that "Apocalypse" would be a cool name and concept for a coaster: the general theme would coasting through a bombed out region with lots of twisted metal and remnants of destroyed buildings and vehicles, and lots of simulated fire and smoke. Would be expensive but unique.

There was a rumour on CWMania that the new ride may be called Leviathan. I think that'd be a great name!

Makes sense since Leviathan is a sea creature, and the coaster is aqua blue:

006%7E2.JPG

Leviathan would be pretty awesome. The little teaser on the site has the new tag "I'm coming for you" now and the page gets 'scratched' or 'clawed'. Then a pair of yellowish eyes show up. They look like bird eyes actually. So maybe it is called Raptor after all? A bird theme would make sense if it actually is a floorless 'flying' coaster. Either way, this is all pretty cool stuff. Can't wait for the reveal.

I've always thought that "Apocalypse" would be a cool name and concept for a coaster: the general theme would coasting through a bombed out region with lots of twisted metal and remnants of destroyed buildings and vehicles, and lots of simulated fire and smoke. Would be expensive but unique.

Like The Swarm in England. http://www.theswarm.co.uk/

Leviathan would be pretty awesome. The little teaser on the site has the new tag "I'm coming for you" now and the page gets 'scratched' or 'clawed'. Then a pair of yellowish eyes show up. They look like bird eyes actually. So maybe it is called Raptor after all? A bird theme would make sense if it actually is a floorless 'flying' coaster. Either way, this is all pretty cool stuff. Can't wait for the reveal.

I'm sort of thinking this too, especially with the cloud background

Like The Swarm in England. http://www.theswarm.co.uk/

Thanks for the link, that looks awesome. I've been imagining a coaster like that for more than a decade--can't believe one is actually being built now. That takes bollocks.

On edit: Just checked the wiki page for The Swarm: 20 million Pounds for a rather piddly 127 footer. A giga coaster with that theme would cost at least a 100 million CDN. Might as well wait for the inevitable virtual reality system that can simulate the experience.

Last edited:
The teaser on the Wonderland website has been updated today... it says in all caps lock:

"WE HAVE ALWAYS LOVED BREAKING RECORDS. CONGRATULATIONS, WONDERLAND!"
-Richard Kinzel, Chief Executive Officer, Cedar Fair Entertainment

Oh man! My hype meter just exploded for the announcement now!! What record are they breaking?!?! Height??

Could Cedar Fair justify the expense of the first private sector paid subway extension into the park? I don't follow the details of what subway tunneling & such costs per km so I don't know how realistic that would be for Cedar Fair to pay for an extension from the Vaughan Corporate Centre station into the park. The subway could only run past VCC when the park is open, after it closes the line ends at VCC. Surely this would open up the park to throngs of tourists in the summer months, many of whom fly in and wouldn't rent a car to hit Canada's Wonderland not to mention hundreds of thousands in the GTA who'd then be more motivated to hit the park easily via subway. Kind of like how the Ontario Science Centre will finally be easily accessible once the Eglinton Crosstown is up and running, and how the Sheppard LRT would have carried us to the Metro Zoo before Bob & Doug got their dirty hands onto Transit City, but I digress.

They could pull a Disney and build a monorail between VCC and the park, hahaha.

The teaser on the Wonderland website has been updated today... it says in all caps lock:

"WE HAVE ALWAYS LOVED BREAKING RECORDS. CONGRATULATIONS, WONDERLAND!"
-Richard Kinzel, Chief Executive Officer, Cedar Fair Entertainment

Oh man! My hype meter just exploded for the announcement now!! What record are they breaking?!?! Height??

Me too. It's probably a height record for whatever type of ride it is - especially if it's a 300+ ft flying coaster?? Drooooool....

On the site CWmania..... I told everybody on the forums of my mothers friends relationship with the head of marketing for wonderland...... I went On to tell them that they told my moms friend and in extension my mother about a new roller coaster coming to wonderland in 2012.... head of marketing said it would be taller than behemoth and windseeker at 350ft..... Then they said that the coaster will partly go in the emLoyee parkinglot......... Guess what???? No one believed me.... I was cast aside and forgotten .... Never to be taken seriously again..... Well..... Were getting a coaster: check...... It's going to be partly in the employee parkinglot: check(they laughed at this)...... It's going to be a giga: maybe (they laughed at this originally).... no one must understand how I feel..... Feels like **** .... Glad I passed on the message to you guys... Whether you choose to believe it is up to you:)

Last edited:

Back