News   Apr 23, 2024
 78     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 351     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 973     0 

Leaside

If I remember correctly the developer wanted to get rid of most of it and build another house on the site next to the remains, or something like that. There was a lot of back-and-forth with the city over the house. The neighbours were not happy with the whole thing.

As to the zombie apocalypse, I'm finding it amusing that you all think you'd not be the zombies... :)

If I remember correctly the developer wanted to get rid of most of it and build another house on the site next to the remains, or something like that.
yes... cut the 20th century wings off, move the 19th century building south 7 metres, and add 2 new homes on the property

this seems well underway

here's last year's pitch to try to save it...

[video=youtube;B_UirAkXGJw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_UirAkXGJw[/video]

I think it could work the other way too though. In a high density area you have theoretically more people around to fight off the zombie hordes. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I drove past Leaside yesterday, and from the car window the neighbourhood's ability to repel a zombie apocalypse seemed pretty boring and suburban to me. In terms of Zombie fighting, Eglinton/Laird isn't that different from Kennedy/Finch IMO.

As to the zombie apocalypse, I'm finding it amusing that you all think you'd not be the zombies... :)

Oh, I have given this much much thought over the past few seasons of Walking Dead. :)

I am ideally located at Eglinton and Bayview, clear lines of sight in all directions, nearby grocery stores, pharmacies and medical buildings for supplies, and an ideal, fenced, elevated environment.

News about Moms To Be and More:

Dear loyal clients and friends

I cannot tell you how deeply touched I was to hear how sad everyone felt when I announced the closure of my store. It was extremely overwhelming. I want you all to know that all your kind words meant a lot to me, thank you.

I could not let your words fall on deaf ears and shared this with many people including my friends who own the country's largest independent chain of baby stores ....West Coast Kids. I am thrilled to announce that they will be bringing you a new shopping experience to Toronto!!

And yes of course it will be in the Moms To Be and More location in the heart of trendy Leaside. I am equally thrilled to say that I will be helping with this great transformation over the next few months to ensure you get the products and services you need.Toronto deserves the best and you will soon see how that looks.

Westcoast Kids has 6 other locations in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver and cannot wait to join us here in T.O. Stay tuned and we will keep you updated on all our moves. We want to you be part of the switch over and will officially invite to to join the WCK program very soon. We are in the final process of sorting out the details and will want you to help us spread the news.

Thank you for all your support see you at WCK

Karen Becker

We briefly stopped in at Moms to be today while consuming large amounts of gelato. It's pretty empty. If you need preemie or newborn clothing, that's pretty much all that's left. Also, lots of shelving, and a couple of PCs from circa 2007.

Also, I didn't remember this before, but does the proposal on Bayview north of Soudan incorporate the church in some way? I was under the impression that the dry-cleaner and the houses north of Soudan are included; only today did I notice there's a church in-between them.

They are finally putting grass in at the Beer Store.

IMG_20150609_092845.jpg

Hopefully they put in a tree as well.

In the coming weeks I'll remember to assemble all my progress pictures of the Beer Store over the past 6 months. Should make for a fun progression.

Attachments

• IMG_20150609_092845.jpg
    IMG_20150609_092845.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 631
despite dark and ominous skies, the hydro crew replacing old ~concrete~ poles with new ~pine~ ones keeps working (view from my apartment looking north on bayview avenue, just north of moore)

new-hydro-poles.jpg

but when the thunder boombooms begin, they pack it in for a while

thunder-boombooms.jpg

don't like the weather in toronto? wait five minutes

here they are back in action again, three trucks

back-to-work.jpg

pass me the drill, would you please

pass-me-the-drill-please.jpg

amusing side note: the banner reads HIGH ENERGY FUN!!

Attachments

• pass-me-the-drill-please.jpg
    pass-me-the-drill-please.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 579
  • back-to-work.jpg
    back-to-work.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 582
  • thunder-boombooms.jpg
    thunder-boombooms.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 573
  • new-hydro-poles.jpg
    new-hydro-poles.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 592
Anyone going to the Georgia Walsh fundraiser today? We're taking the kids, plus some relatives that happen to be in town. Should be interesting. They are trying to raise $1 million to replace the Trace Manes park playground. They are around $6000 so far, so I don't see it happening unless a corporate sponsor steps in. I don't see the city helping out, since the park isn't that old.

Back