News   Mar 18, 2024
 795     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.6K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 778     0 

LCBO Moves - Rumoured and confirmed

I have a suspicion it's because the building has imposed that term on the store. The Atrium store is an absolute madhouse Saturday nights, especially as it gets near closing time. After 8pm there are often 30-40 people just in line to check out, beyond the dozens more milling about inside the store. They keep a large number of staff security inside, and there is also 5 or 6 Atrium building security waiting outside the main doors. Many times I've seen people caught and held for arrest for shoplifting or fighting in that store.

Perhaps 777 Bay doesn't want to deal with that mess.

It's possible, but also, stores tend to close early in College Park, and most actually do not open at all on Sundays.

The Atrium store can be quite entertaining. Once I was waiting at the cash and I noticed that everyone in my line was visibly down and out... It made me think twice about my purchase! I have seen actual policemen there lately as well.

I think the down and outs frequent all LCBOs. The one in Manulife almost always has the guys panhandling for money outside the mall then inside the LCBOS buying with the cash. I see them all the time.

I think the down and outs frequent all LCBOs. The one in Manulife almost always has the guys panhandling for money outside the mall then inside the LCBOS buying with the cash. I see them all the time.

Yeah, but the Yonge and Wellesley LCBO has even more.

Better hours. It's only open until 6pm on Saturday.

Saturday? I think that has been corrected. Its basically open 9 to 9 except Sundays when it closes at 5. Not too bad - but I don't recall LCBO's being open at 9am even in cottage country...

Saturday? I think that has been corrected. Its basically open 9 to 9 except Sundays when it closes at 5. Not too bad - but I don't recall LCBO's being open at 9am even in cottage country...

As of right now, the LCBO website says 9AM to 6PM on Saturdays. 9am is an early opening time for an LCBO. Maybe they have posted this information incorrectly.

As of right now, the LCBO website says 9AM to 6PM on Saturdays. 9am is an early opening time for an LCBO. Maybe they have posted this information incorrectly.

I'll double check but I believe the window card says 9 to 9.

Took at visit to the new LCBO at college park today.. still had a "new" smell to it.
Much better selection of craft beer than the one at Loblaws down the street.
Got a bit of a scolding from an employee for almost stepping in front of him while he was carting around some beer. Employees still need a bit of practice in being nice, by the looks of it.

Took at visit to the new LCBO at college park today.. still had a "new" smell to it.
Much better selection of craft beer than the one at Loblaws down the street.
Got a bit of a scolding from an employee for almost stepping in front of him while he was carting around some beer. Employees still need a bit of practice in being nice, by the looks of it.

Needed kirsch, or course they didn't have any, found some at Maple Leaf Gardens... They need to take lessons from the SAQ. Do they really have to dedicate at least 2 feet of shelf space to Jagermeister? They could easily have more variety - that's what a government monopoly can afford to do.

LCBO on Coxwell @ O'Connor set to close by mid-June.

Temp. 'trailer' will be set up at the Shopper's Drug Mart parking lot at Woodbine & O'Connor w/best sellers.

New store opens 2016 at current site, larger, and modern.

LCBO to open at 619 Queen Street West (Queen and Bathurst) in the Hullmark project on the south side of the street.

A much needed location. As someone from the neighbourhood, I was sick of hauling my ass to King and Spadina for a bottle of liquor.

yep...1km/12 minute walk (by google measurement) is far too far between liquor stores....this should have been a human rights violation!

yep...1km/12 minute walk (by google measurement) is far too far between liquor stores....this should have been a human rights violation!

Damn right. 24 minutes of just walking (there and back), spending 5-10 minutes in the store searching for what I want, and waiting in line for 15 minutes on a Friday/Saturday night. That's 40-50 minutes just to grab a bottle.

Stop your sarcasm. You have to admit the area is under serviced. Stores that sell alcohol thrive when its more convenient for the customer. How do you think Wine Rack stays afloat?

Back