News   Apr 25, 2024
 85     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 299     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 495     0 

Layout opinion - The Ninety

WOW thats awesome...

Do know which other units changed? I am above you in unit 825... Looks like they removed that piller thing...

WOW thats awesome...

Do know which other units changed? I am above you in unit 825... Looks like they removed that piller thing...

I am on the 6th floor, they only changed 3 units, mine, the unit above me on the 7th floor and the unit below on the 5ft floor. PH did not change. yes, I guess they have removed that piller thing

They don't have an exact day, they say within the next few weeks. From my understanding some permits were refused by the city and they are working on it.

Hmm I wonder where the stair well on the 8th floor is going to go now... Looks like its in my current bathroom.. eek!

It would be kinda cool to watch the ground breaking! Do developers tell people when they are breaking ground so that buyers can watch?

N

last week I received a call from the Ninety sales centre, it was my lucky day. They called me to let me know that my floorplan had changed and now I had 67 sq ft more, a separate bedroom with window and a kitchen island. I could not believe it, I had originally paid $405 per sq ft and now it comes to $359 per sq ft. I was really surprised and I immediately ran into the sales centre to sign the amendment. they changed the floorplan only for 3 units out of 220.

the floorplan changed from:

http://www.theninety.ca/pdf/1bed_518.pdf

To:

congrats carturo, that's great !

last week I received a call from the Ninety sales centre, it was my lucky day. They called me to let me know that my floorplan had changed and now I had 67 sq ft more, a separate bedroom with window and a kitchen island. I could not believe it, I had originally paid $405 per sq ft and now it comes to $359 per sq ft. I was really surprised and I immediately ran into the sales centre to sign the amendment. they changed the floorplan only for 3 units out of 220.

the floorplan changed from:

http://www.theninety.ca/pdf/1bed_518.pdf

To:

CONGRATS, Carturo! That certainly is a great change! Not only you got more square footage, the new layout is MUCH MUCH better! :)

CONGRATS, Carturo! That certainly is a great change! Not only you got more square footage, the new layout is MUCH MUCH better! :)

Yeah that is a really sweet layout now. A lot of one bedrooms that I have seen now a days don't have an actual window. The kitchen is nice too.. more counter space! Congrats!

forgot to make 3 recommendation regarding the new floorplan:

1. since it's a 1 bedroom unit, have the W/D integrated with the bedroom closet and open into the bedroom instead of into the LR/DR.
    it allows for an uninterrupted LR/DR wall from bathroom to window(ish).

• take advantage of the high ceilings in the unit (up to 10 feet per builder's description).
    so search for the highest clearance you can get for a sliding closet door. ikea has some that are almost 8 feet tall (236 cm).
    ask the builder to increase the opening to that height and leave the doors off since their standard ones won't fit - unless they were planning to give you extra height closets.

• do you want a breakfast bar ?
    if so, have them extend the counter on the sink peninsula.

Last edited:
I would love to put a pantry into my kitchen.. and a wine fridge... Are those items that the builder can add during the upgrades meeting?

The sliding doors ... bah. I don't like sliding doors most of the times. The ones in the show room were nice though. They were frosted glass.

I've been able to add a pantry (not at this development); did it during the upgrade phase. Do you mean a built-in wine fridge? Because you can buy units pretty much anywhere these days.

Yeah good call, I will ask during my upgrades what can be done. I didn't think about making changes until cdr108's post. The kitchen seems "compact" in my unit. I would have preferred built ins but that doesn't look likely...

I asked for (and got) similar kitchen changes to my unit when I signed the agreement. I asked them to extend my kitchen counter by 2 feet (seamless) to allow for an under-counter wine fridge, continue the backsplash, extend the over-counter cupboards, and apply all end cabinetry finishes. It cost a bit extra, but gives me the extra counter space/cupboards and room to install a wine fridge! :) I'll have the option to buy the fridge through their appliance supplier, or buy it on my own.

Hi celestia.. Which layout did you buy? I can't seem to figure out how that would work in my kitchen layout...

Wow, you really lucked out with the builder changes -- the plan is soooo much better now on many levels.
Looks like they moved the fire stair adjacent to the hall rather than to the outside wall of the building, but I am puzzled why it is only done on three floors.
You will no longer be fully separated from your next door neighbor from the fire stair and corridor, but you are getting more floor area for free.

10 ceilings is real plus especially for that size of unit and I like that the bedroom now has a window.
I don't know if you could upgrade your kitchen so that the upper cabinets go all the way up to the ceiling. This will provide valuable storage space (not neccessarily kitchen stuff).
Adding a counter height bar would make your kitchen more usable.

The sliding barn door doesn't quite work in the bedroom. It prevents a piece of furnture like a dresser from being placed on that wall unless you pull it away from the wall, but with the small size of the bedroom I don't think it would be ideal.

Back