News   Apr 26, 2024
 317     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 870     0 

Lack of traffic rule enforcement

mrgrieves

Member Bio
Reaction score
anecdotally, it feels like enforcement of traffic rule violations in TO is lacking. for people who follow this sort of thing closely, is there any evidence to support this?

anecdotally, it feels like enforcement of traffic rule violations in TO is lacking. for people who follow this sort of thing closely, is there any evidence to support this?
The enforcement (or lack thereof) of traffic laws and by-laws in Toronto has been discussed at length on UT - lots in the Mayor John Tory thread. The police really gave up on most traffic enforcement years ago - probably too busy with more interesting things - and have really never enforced the prohibition on entering a road junction if it is not clear one can leave it again. (About a decade ago, the City actually painted yellow lines in intersections but gave up on that as the cops never did anything.). By-laws are also enforced very selectively - look at the park encampments and the sidewalk blockages with (illegal and unlicenced) A-frame signs.

Not sure we need a special thread for this.

No wonder we have bad drivers on the road. The apples aren't falling far from the tree. Last year I nearly collided with a driver school instructor when he pulled an illegal U-turn in front of me. I honked at him, he flipped me the bird.

Back