Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

If the Hummingbird cannot raise the 60 million by next spring, Castlepoint appears to still have building rights on the property and an 89 year lease on the venue. Have they indicated if they plan to procceed to build the tower without the city, assuming this worst case scenario?

I don't care what they do, as long as they leave the five mulberry trees alone.

Esplanadeguy, LOL.

How about the LavaLife Centre, or the Swiss Chalet Centre?

Well, we know it won't be The Brick Centre, because they are more obviously going to be sponsoring The Brick Don Valley Brickworks. Neither will it be Lastman's Bad Boy Centre, as The Buddies In Bad Boy Times Theatre is just around the corner. And now that the Waters family are quixillionaires, I'm sure they'll be sponsoring the new Waters Aquarium down on the East Bayfront.

Who else does that leave?

"If Hummingbird doesn't raise the $60-million by next spring, the centre will enter into an 89-year lease with Castlepoint, with buy-back options."

So if they can't get financing, they build the condo anyhow?

And the base of the condo is filled with what exactly?

And the rest of the centre survives how exactly?

This does not completely make sense (albeit I am relying on an article in the Star to make sense).

alklay:

I think (not 100% sure) what happens is Castlepoint builds both component, but would be leasing the space in the portion otherwise occupied by the centre out instead. Not sure whether the centre would have been leasing that space from Castlepoint however.

AoD

alklay, just to get back to stoopid crap:

Paramount Canada's Wonderhall
2 4 1 Pizza and Performance Hall
Blakes Cassels Brock McCarthy Tetrault Thomson Rogers Torys Smart & Biggar Class Action Hall
Debbie Travis' Painted Hall

Back