News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Kipling Acres Potential Redevelopment

shilly

Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right thread, but I'll give it a shot.

Kipling Acres, a long term care facility owned and operated by the City of Toronto, has been listed by the Ontario Ministry of Health as a good candidate to be redeveloped. There aren't any concrete details yet of what is to come, but given what the building already is..anything is good.

The building is 50 years old and time has started to take it's toll on the old girl. There is no basement, the interior workings, (i.e mechanical, maintenance, hvac,) are all in dire need of replacement, and there is ample room for another building or two to be added.

The problem I see is this. If the Ontario government is crying broke, how are they going to finance the reconstruction?

Any other input would be nice.

I'll help where I can.

The Tender Call for this Project closed Today.

Buttcon Low at 43.5 mil (+/-) 2nd was Percon at 49.25 (+/-) ouch, hope somebody didnt forget a zero

http://www.toronto.ca/mayor_ford/gallery/index.htm

The groundbreaking has been done now for approximately a month, and contractors are on site working out the final details. They are starting to work on enabling work for the residents and preparations for the demolition of the south side of the building are underway.

I will post pictures as they become available.

Back