Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

I live in this complex and must say that I am very pleased with the finished product, especially in my unit itself. Very good bang for the buck overall and love the area. Obviously has it's challenges with congestion but this neighborhood isn't going to see a stop in construction for a long time.

The potential road between the tracks and the building is supposed to run from dufferin to pirandello. Doubt it will come anytime soon though as apparently it will cost around 190 million to make (might be a bit off there).

As for the look of the building, I wouldn't say I'm its biggest fan, I'm more in the middle. I find it nice that it isn't just another glass box like 90% of the buildings being built in Toronto. But I do echo a bit of what mrxbombastic says about the windows being a bit too busy. Maybe if those pane things were a tad more transparent in color it would look much better.

As for the brick, it lends back to what this area was before which I also think is neat. Most of the buildings that recently went up in LV have incorporated brick in some shape or form.

are you talking about the Front street extension? that will never come as it was supposed to cost $500 million. In other words, way too much.

are you talking about the Front street extension? that will never come as it was supposed to cost $500 million. In other words, way too much.

No, this is a project specific to Liberty Village and is meant to provide another east-west corridor, although the overall benefit won't be as good as hoped because they can't take it all the way from Dufferin to Strachan due to grade separation.

The project is currently in the environmental assessment phase.

Other changes coming to LV include a pedestrian bridge from duoro street to western battery and also (finally) traffic lights at strachan/east liberty.

There is new public art out front of this complex now, unveiled two days ago, and we've got a front page story of course. Olaf Breuning's Guardians is a real winner, in my opinion (luckily I am incontrovertibly correct in this instance), and will do a lot of good for the area. Check it out!

That's really a great piece of public art. Interchange - are you able to comment why none of the HBS developments have any public art component? Unless the public art is a few bucks over to the crumbling parks?

Back