Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

For anyone who knows the area and the bylaws, do you think they could stick a condo tower to the north of this building on Adelaide? Right now all the buildings are 1 and 2 storeys high. I wonder if the city would allow for a condo to be built in such a tight space.

Dont know but, it's not any tighter than a dozen other development they've allowed. That property was up for sale not to long ago. I wonder if Lamb got his hands on it.

For anyone who knows the area and the bylaws, do you think they could stick a condo tower to the north of this building on Adelaide? Right now all the buildings are 1 and 2 storeys high. I wonder if the city would allow for a condo to be built in such a tight space.

Personally I really like the way that stretch looks as it is, retains the industrial character of the old neighbourhood while not looking rundown. I'd say with The King East filling this view behind the row, it'll look great altogether. It'd be great if someone put a restaurant/cafe/bar into one of the building fronts and opened it up to the spacious sidewalk/mini-park that is currently being underutilized.

If you mean the building on corner of Parliament and Adelaide it is now under renovation - and looking much better. The posted permit says it is being renovated for offices and I saw a rental sign for the commercial unit on the main floor.

I've found some on the permit website I have no idea what SHO and FND are HVA sounds familiar.

Application# Application Type Date Status
330 KING ST E
10 121627 SHO 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 FND 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 HVA 00 Mechanical(MS) Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 BLD 00 New Building Feb 22, 2010 Not Started

I've found some on the permit website I have no idea what SHO and FND are HVA sounds familiar.

Application# Application Type Date Status
330 KING ST E
10 121627 SHO 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 FND 00 Partial Permit Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 HVA 00 Mechanical(MS) Feb 25, 2010 Not Started
10 121627 BLD 00 New Building Feb 22, 2010 Not Started

That's good news. Would be great if construction does start on May 1st as advertised.

That's good news. Would be great if construction does start on May 1st as advertised.
The permit applications went in on 22 February and "not started" means that the City has yet to start looking at them. SHO = Shoring, FND = Foundation, HVA = HVAC and BLD = Building. They still need to clear the site so will also need a Demolition permit - not yet applied for - and I doubt it will start by May 1 but ....

Same here, I expect number of delays. Also I've gotten a letter in the mail yesterday in which they claim 79% sold and are still looking for pre-approvals for mortgage from buyers. And that alone could delay them if deals start falling through due to new rules coming in soon. Oh and start date is now May/June and move-in date is October 2011. I am not sure about move-in date.

Same here, I expect number of delays. Also I've gotten a letter in the mail yesterday in which they claim 79% sold and are still looking for pre-approvals for mortgage from buyers. And that alone could delay them if deals start falling through due to new rules coming in soon. Oh and start date is now May/June and move-in date is October 2011. I am not sure about move-in date.

I don't even think they've cashed my cheque yet.

Back