Toronto The King East | ?m | 15s | Lamb Dev Corp | Core Architects

Wider angle, for context.

IMG_6115.jpg

Renderings

seems like BJL had to made some changes to the design through the approval proceess .... more terraces :)

Southeast View - New vs Old

KingEast_southeastnew.jpg
KingEast_southeastold.jpg

Southwest View - New vs Old

KingEast_southwestnew.jpg
KingEast_southwestold.jpg

What a great change this'll make to what is currently the very sorry looking intersection of King and Parliament. I'm looking forward to it.

What a great change this'll make to what is currently the very sorry looking intersection of King and Parliament. I'm looking forward to it.
No doubt it will be vastly improved :rolleyes: when the Porsche dealer builds his new showroom on the sw corner (and all the way down to Front Street). His lease on the present dealership building at Front and Berkeley was supposed to expire in December 2007 as that site now belongs to the Ontario Heritage Trust because it's the First Parliament site.

From the Distillery District to Church St. and north to Adelaide, this has always been my favourite neighbourhood to walk around in and it just keeps getting better & better. The retail is amongst the best in the city and it's got a great balance of old & new architecture with nothing too overwhelming.

swung by the presentation centre yesterday ... the model suite was pretty nice ... sorry couldn't get any pics of the scaled model :)

according to sales person this site is 50% sold, however I didn't really like how they tried to bash other projects which 'may not get built' (he dared to name Aura @ College Park :rolleyes:) while saying "this one will have no problems" ... geez when will sales people learn :confused:

Funny statement by the sales person. If anything, some may consider this location less desireable than Yonge/Gerrard and Aura supposedly has higher % sold (but that doesn't always mean much).

I like the exterior design of this building so I hope it gets built, but it may have more against it than Aura.
Less total no. of units, but less % sold.
And who do you think has better financing - Canderal Stoneridge or Lamb Development ... hmmm.:p

signage still boasting 50% sold months later, but the sales center is still open. I wonder what the current status is on this building.

Does anyone know if anything is proposed for the small parcel of land across the street (next to the Staples?)

Does anyone know if anything is proposed for the small parcel of land across the street (next to the Staples?)

I think post #34 covered that one. That strip of land was part of the land swap arrangement from a few years back that resulted in the current Porsche dealership which would be moved to this corner thereby opening up the "first parliament" site where the dealership is located now. IIRC the dealer ownership group got the triangle of land at Front and Eastern where the new Infinity dealer is located.

I used to hate this project, but I am so relieved. It's looking much better... its proportions are much more reasonable now, let alone there is more terracing, as we've seen is a beautiful thing one can find all over St. Lawrence Neighbourhood.

I called the Sales Centre yesterday - Its February and they're still quoting 50% sold - so probably not much sales (if any) in the past 3 months. ALso, building completion date is set for October 2010. Obviously won't happen but wonder how long it will take before they revise that date:confused:
Real Estate Girl (REG)

Also, if anyone knows a link where I can go to find out more about the Porsche dealer land swap - I'd greatly appreciate it.

Anyone know what's happening with the abandoned strip of brick retail housing on the south east corner of King/Parliament? There appears to be some kind of convenience store on the corner, then some boarded up lots beside it and to the West of the church......its prime for redevelopment but looks like it could be heritage...

REG

Anyone know what's happening with the abandoned strip of brick retail housing on the south east corner of King/Parliament? There appears to be some kind of convenience store on the corner, then some boarded up lots beside it and to the West of the church......its prime for redevelopment but looks like it could be heritage...

REG

I was recently curious about the same thing. The abandoned houses are owned by the Little Trinity Church. Apparently they've run out of funds since they restored the church, but had plans to fix 'em up. We'll see what happens.

Also, if anyone knows a link where I can go to find out more about the Porsche dealer land swap - I'd greatly appreciate it.

REG

The land swap is rather shrouded in mystery! The owner of the Porsche lot (who is a doctor at Sick Kids apparently) agreed with the Province and the Ontario Realty Corp, to swap that land, which is sitting on top of the First Parliament, for the block at Front/Eastern/Trinity where the Infinity dealer opened and also got the lot on the west side of Parliament from Front to King - apparently the TTC are only leasing him their part of this, nearest King. The Province is still, they say, looking at buying the last quadrant of the First Parliament site, where the car wash now is.

The Province then gave the "Porsche Lot" to the Ontario Heritage Trust who leased it back to "Dr Porsche" until December 2007. One assumes he has got lease extensions but nobody seems to know and he is making VERY slow progress building his new Porsche building. There are three Building Permit applications open for it, since last October. If you discover more do, please, share!

As stated above, the three old houses just east of Parliament belong to the church and they have plans (but no $$) to fix them up as some sort of 'support centre'.

As stated above, the three old houses just east of Parliament belong to the church and they have plans (but no $$) to fix them up as some sort of 'support centre'.

I found this info on the Little Trinity website: http://www.littletrinity.on.ca/

The building at 399 King Street east is the central focus of our redevelopment plans. Idle for many years, the building has the potential to provide us with the additional space we need to serve the current congregation and its ministries as well as make room for future growth. Our plans call for a redeveloped and enlarged two-story building which will maintain the historic King Street façade. Located on the ground floor will be a meeting room, a reception area and administrative offices, and a small kitchen. The second floor will provide us with a large multi-functional conference room, a kitchen and a reception space that overlooks the adjacent park. Finally, the basement will feature a dedicated gathering space for youth, lockers and showers for guests and needy visitors, along with some storage space.

The church building, our spiritual home, will receive some important renovations and updates. The toddler and nursery spaces will receive significant upgrades in order to better meet the needs of our youngest members. At the same time the church basement, which is our primary social space, will be refurbished with new finishes, lighting, ventilation and storage in order to provide a modern, inviting community hall.

The outdoor space behind 399 King Street will also be renewed, resulting in a more accessible and friendly site that includes an enclosed lawn and hard surfaced courtyard.

The third building on the property, Little Trinity House, will receive minor renovations as offices are moved into the new building at 399 King Street, making room for more Sunday school rooms and small group meeting spaces.

They are fund-raising 'as we speak'.

Back