King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

This isn't a bad thing if it's done well. Done well = at least 3 layers of type x 5/8" GWB - preferrably 4 layers (2 each side), with roxul insulation between. Even better is two parallel walls with alternating studs.

And that is the key! The builder can always go for minimum code, along with the maximum allowable level of through-wall noise transmission.

You think the developer would confirm this one way or another if asked? I cannot believe they would go with white

I totally agree with Lamb about the tridel building as well. That building does about as much for street life as a mini-storage warehouse.

I totally agree with Lamb about the tridel building as well. That building does about as much for street life as a mini-storage warehouse.

And this building does so well, with the big gaping parking entrance / loading bay facing King Street ...

So I went by the site the other day and I haven't seen any movement on the windows. Perhaps they're swapping them out? Anyways, this thing is really flying. Any chance this thing registers this year?

So I went by the site the other day and I haven't seen any movement on the windows. Perhaps they're swapping them out? Anyways, this thing is really flying. Any chance this thing registers this year?
The sign still says "Move in in May 2012" - though it clearly would be impossible! I bet November/December but ....

The sign still says "Move in in May 2012" - though it clearly would be impossible! I bet November/December but ....

Letter I received says occupancy/closing is June. Why do developers do this nonsense? I can see the buyers who don't know any better scurrying to get everything in order for June, only to find out they're actually occupying in December and closing in February. LOL.

The demising walls between units will in most cases will be steel stud and drywall, unless there happens to be a shear wall between two particular units. This isn't a bad thing if it's done well. Done well = at least 3 layers of type x 5/8" GWB - preferrably 4 layers (2 each side), with roxul insulation between. Even better is two parallel walls with alternating studs.

Passed by today. You're right. I saw steel studs installed between some of the units.

A bit of an update (not sure if it should go in this thread or the other one). My girlfriend emailed our realtor who got in touch with BJL and got an interesting feedback.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
****** at BL said that they will have a firm date letter sent out to owners @ end of May. If there are any changes from the mid-June occupancy date. It wouldn't be more than 2 weeks beyond that. For your floor (11th), expect maybe August/ September occupancy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure what to make of that email. When I went to look at the building earlier this week they were on 11th floor. Floors 11-15 have smaller footprint then rest of the building so pouring of concrete will go faster. Also I have snapped a few pics and I believe they are either installing appliances or heat pumps on floors with windows. I have picture of something big shiny and white on 2nd floor on west side.

I'll snap more pict today/tomorrow and upload all I have for March/April.

Thanks for the info, boomix.

This is one of the many things I hate about buying new construction. There is no way in hell occupancy will be in June. It will not happen. Ye the developer continues to lead people on into thinking it is. So people will then go ahead and make arrangements to end their leases or sell their properties only to be told later that there will be another delay of a few months or more.

They're moving at a floor a week with 4 floors to go. So that puts us at Mid May. Then the mechanical must be installed. Probably puts us at June. Don't forget the windows need to be installed and their at the 5th floor on the North Side and 2nd floor on the South side. I figure windows will be installed by end of June. Then they have to build the hallways, install the elevators, fill in that hole on the south side that runs along the entire side of the building which is how they lift the concrete up to the higher floors.

There's still a lot of work to be done.

I highly doubt appliances are being delivered at this point. I'll still hold to my belief that occupancy will begin in the fall. I just hope they don't rush it and cut corners!

Last edited:
So I was just by the site and I'd like to correct my previous statement they are up to 12th floor on left side and 11th on right (looking north). Heat pumps and dry wall are visible on lower floors already. East side has already been subdivided by drywall. I'll upload all the pics once I organize them. Also they were working on the site today (Saturday) until 1 pm.

FYI,

Just as I had suspected... south facing units won't have an evening sun come April (I don't remember about the past winter months).

North facing units will have the sun on their balconies, and possibly a bit inside. The north east units may not get much sunset (or any), and of course the west facing units will get blasted completely.

I checked this at 6pm, April 29th.

Back