Toronto King + Condos | 53.03m | 17s | King Plus | TACT Architecture

From today

IMG_5544 1 copy.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5544 1 copy.JPG
    IMG_5544 1 copy.JPG
    536.3 KB · Views: 1,548
the restoration is nice the tower is only ok. It's not offensive and I'm sure will spur more progress in the area but this nothing that anyone is gonna remember.

I concur.

The building is nothing to write home about but they did a very good and respectful job on the restoration without it looking like a cheap façade.

I heard that the developer has suddenly realised that the heritage walls need some foundations and that he now has to excavate beneath them to install some - the photos a bit above show that he is right. Seems a bit late to realise the rather basic fact that century-old walls that have been removed from their original building will probably need a good solid base! Let's hope he and his engineers did not have similar oversights with the tower itself.

Never noticed a ram's head on the west side of the building.

IMG_20150826_142759.jpg
IMG_20150826_142811.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150826_142759.jpg
    IMG_20150826_142759.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_20150826_142811.jpg
    IMG_20150826_142811.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 844
In warm, hazy, summer evening light a day or two ago:

DSC05653.jpg
DSC05654.jpg
DSC05655.jpg

Attachments

• DSC05653.jpg
    DSC05653.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 688
  • DSC05654.jpg
    DSC05654.jpg
    682.2 KB · Views: 710
  • DSC05655.jpg
    DSC05655.jpg
    410.2 KB · Views: 699
I was just passed by a truck towing away the cage for the exterior construction elevator; the rest was being dismantled and is probably gone by now.

This week they've continued work on the sidewalks around the building and installing glass windows on the ground floor, which look rather bland and out-of-place in the historic facade, in my opinion, but at this point I'm just excited to see this building finally being finished up. I'm desperately looking forward to getting that bit of sidewalk back.

They're re-doing the Sherbourne sidewalks and adding the bike lane on the west side of Sherbourne across from this site, so the area is a construction nightmare right now, but it should be worth it soon.

It will be great to see this corner finally finished. It has been a nuissance to deal with the last few years.

I was just passed by a truck towing away the cage for the exterior construction elevator; the rest was being dismantled and is probably gone by now.

This week they've continued work on the sidewalks around the building and installing glass windows on the ground floor, which look rather bland and out-of-place in the historic facade, in my opinion, but at this point I'm just excited to see this building finally being finished up. I'm desperately looking forward to getting that bit of sidewalk back.

They're re-doing the Sherbourne sidewalks and adding the bike lane on the west side of Sherbourne across from this site, so the area is a construction nightmare right now, but it should be worth it soon.
Yep, for sure. It's been a mess for ages it seems. But it'll be really nice when it's cleaned up, especially since that intersection has been messy for years, even pre-construction.

Back