News   May 02, 2024
 608     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 343     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 300     0 

Jarvis St. Gentrification

...thoughts of Lea Vivot *shudder*

Then again, Lea Vivot and the French Quarter deserve each other...

Is there a requirement for developers to plant a certain amount of trees for each project they put up? There should be. Trees are great. I love trees.

Widen the sidewalks a bit, adding a bunch of trees, and stick bikelanes on each side.

Councillor Kyle Rae says narrowing Jarvis is a tough sell with some. "My colleagues to the north are going to not be happy with it, because that's how they get to City Hall," he says.

As both someone who used to live on Jarvis and someone who now lives to the north, I can attest that Jarvis is very useful as an "expressway" from St. Clair down to the Gardiner (with the exception of market days).

I really think the extra lane engenders this perception. Removing it would go a long way in changing the perception and hopefully peoples use of the street.

Greg

When I lived on St. Clair, I used to love zooming down the Mt. Pleasant "Expressway", but always had to slow down because of the lights on Jarvis anyway. They should take out that middle lane.

Of course now, it can only improve my property value, so I have a vested interest.

Rode up it today -- one of the worst bike riding streets in the city. Expressway, and very narrow lanes....the angry drivers pass within centimeters.

Back