News   Apr 25, 2024
 423     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 

In-Suite Alarm System

uto123

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've been trying to search for an alarm system for my unit but I haven't been able to find much information online.

Does anybody have an active in-suite alarm system that can shed some light onto the companies or systems out there?

After browsing through a few company's websites, I'm leaning towards Paladin Security but haven't been able to find reviews from condo owners.

My current condo doesn't have a built-in alarm keypad so that's something that will have to be installed as well.

I've been trying to search for an alarm system for my unit but I haven't been able to find much information online.

Does anybody have an active in-suite alarm system that can shed some light onto the companies or systems out there?

After browsing through a few company's websites, I'm leaning towards Paladin Security but haven't been able to find reviews from condo owners.

My current condo doesn't have a built-in alarm keypad so that's something that will have to be installed as well.
I am very surprised that your condo corp does not provide the necessary heat and smoke alarms. If I were you I would talk to your Property Manager. If you are talking about a 'theft or break-in alarm' I doubt you need one unless you are on ground level.

I am very surprised that your condo corp does not provide the necessary heat and smoke alarms. If I were you I would talk to your Property Manager. If you are talking about a 'theft or break-in alarm' I doubt you need one unless you are on ground level.

My apologies, I guess I should've been a little more clear.
I have 1 heat alarm and 2 smoke alarms which I believe is connected to the entire building and monitored by the concierge.

I'm around the mid-level of my condo but no fob is required to access individual floors. I also noticed that some condos have security cameras monitoring hallways but mine doesn't which made me think into getting a home alarm (theft/break-in) system.

My apologies, I guess I should've been a little more clear.
I have 1 heat alarm and 2 smoke alarms which I believe is connected to the entire building and monitored by the concierge.

I'm around the mid-level of my condo but no fob is required to access individual floors. I also noticed that some condos have security cameras monitoring hallways but mine doesn't which made me think into getting a home alarm (theft/break-in) system.
Not sure I would want to live in a condo where every move in the common elements is on video but ...
I know many people who live in condos but know of nobody who has a home alarm system but if your building has a history of break-in then get one. Personally I think it's unnecessary in most buildings, esp as you say you have a concierge and, I asume, security.

Not sure I would want to live in a condo where every move in the common elements is on video but ...
I know many people who live in condos but know of nobody who has a home alarm system but if your building has a history of break-in then get one. Personally I think it's unnecessary in most buildings, esp as you say you have a concierge and, I asume, security.

For my previous building, I think I've seen about 5 unit break-in notices and 3-4 locker break-in notices during the 2.5yrs I was there. I remember that on one of the notices, multiple units were broken into within the same day.

While I've seen locker break-in notices for my new building, I haven't seen any unit break-in notices yet...
I also typically don't trust condo security unless perhaps it's a smaller building where they can actually recognize who is a resident and who isn't.

About 6 years ago, my condo switched from an original in-house alarm system (very retro) to the typical CondoSecure you see in most new builds.

I'm patiently waiting for mine to work, as the metal contact pads on my door were removed when they fixed it. Until this is done (soon, I hope) the alarm system cannot arm.

No suite break-ins, but a few lockers were broken into over the past few months. Management thinks it was done by construction crews as basically half the building is under reno right now. I have a TV box and an old chair in my locker, so by all means go for it!

About 6 years ago, my condo switched from an original in-house alarm system (very retro) to the typical CondoSecure you see in most new builds.

I'm patiently waiting for mine to work, as the metal contact pads on my door were removed when they fixed it. Until this is done (soon, I hope) the alarm system cannot arm.

No suite break-ins, but a few lockers were broken into over the past few months. Management thinks it was done by construction crews as basically half the building is under reno right now. I have a TV box and an old chair in my locker, so by all means go for it!

Does CondoSecure provide monitoring as well? I was under the impression that they sell/install hardware only.
Which company are you using and approximately how much is it per month for the intrusion alarm monitoring?

Does CondoSecure provide monitoring as well? I was under the impression that they sell/install hardware only.
Which company are you using and approximately how much is it per month for the intrusion alarm monitoring?
CondoSecure is monitored by the Concierge. My Concierge is 24/7.

If someone breaks in or triggers the alarm, then the Concierge will get an alarm and he will take the appropriate steps (call 911, send security, etc)

CondoSecure is monitored by the Concierge. My Concierge is 24/7.

If someone breaks in or triggers the alarm, then the Concierge will get an alarm and he will take the appropriate steps (call 911, send security, etc)

Darn, that's good, I wish I had a system like that in place for my condo.

Back