News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 354     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

ICE 2 Floor Plan

Many of the plans make more sense with one "bedroom" removed.

Perhaps they think they can get more money for a "3-bedroom with one bedroom removed to make a decent 2-bedroom" than they could for just a decent two-bedroom layout.

Perhaps they think they can get more money for a "3-bedroom with one bedroom removed to make a decent 2-bedroom" than they could for just a decent two-bedroom layout.

i think it's more about marketing since it looks better on paper when you say " 2 bedrooms starting at $399,900" (for the 670 SF unit) as opposed to what should really be "1 bedroom + den".

I'll go out on a limb and say it. These people, with closing costs at around 10%, will not see any return for a very long time. Look for ICE reselling at these same prices in 2015.

I'll go out on a limb and say it. These people, with closing costs at around 10%, will not see any return for a very long time. Look for ICE reselling at these same prices in 2015.

It would be hard to say. If resell price will be current pre-construction sale price. Then I think the builders would stop building cuz most if not all condo pre-construction prices are crazy right now. However with all the associated costs and their share of profit added in, its hard to see prices heading downwards or flattening still in 2015. If builders stop building, then inventory will decrease, which would push up prices.

If I bought in there, that's what I'd buy and do exactly that to increase the size of the living area, plus a few other minor changes. The Armena and especially the Helsingborg suites have potential to be decent sized suites when cut down to two bedrooms and a few other minor changes, to the kitchen mainly.

Last edited:
I grew up in an 800 sq ft three bedroom, one bathroom post WW II home with five people. It wasn't the most ideal situation, but it can be done.

These condos are just going back to pre-McMansion sizes. With that said, I think those post WW II homes were much more affordable back then than these are now!

I grew up in an 800 sq ft three bedroom, one bathroom post WW II home with five people. It wasn't the most ideal situation, but it can be done.

These condos are just going back to pre-McMansion sizes. With that said, I think those post WW II homes were much more affordable back then than these are now!

i'm assuming it's something similar to those post WWII bungalows around the City of TO?

the 800 SF usually doesn't include the basement b/c that effectively doubles the SF to 1600.

3 bedroom unit from 1000 SF is possible and can be quite spacious if done properly ... just not from these floorplans, it's a matter of priorities.
ie. the Armena could work well were it not for the balcony on the south side resulting in the need to access it.

personally I think the 669 sq.ft. Loviisa suite is a good layout except for the 2nd (interior) bedroom ... but I suppose that is acceptable as it is only the secondary/guest bedroom ... chances are I would use it as a den anyways

echoing the comments of many, I find it insane that ICE tries to pull off <700 sq.ft. as 2 bedrooms ~ I'm pretty sure these units aren't cheap even though they are TINY

damn talk about unusable floor space...$300,000 for 570sqft unit?...well ice is starting to melt I think,good luck to those who plan to flip these units.Price includes parking?.

Last edited:

Back