News   Apr 22, 2024
 262     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 665     0 

Hydro Account

Rocky

Member Bio
Reaction score
Being a newbie to the property purchase, I wanted to see some experience sharing from the pro's here at UT. For a new pre-construction Condo with individual metering for hydro - coming up for interim closing soon, Do i need to do anything to setup an account with Hydro before closing ? I understand that the meters will be installed and Toronto Hydro is the default vendor for Hydro, I am wondering would i need to do anything at this time to setup an account under my name or anything and have it ready for the day of closing ? All suggestions and advise is much appreciated. Thank You

Being a newbie to the property purchase, I wanted to see some experience sharing from the pro's here at UT. For a new pre-construction Condo with individual metering for hydro - coming up for interim closing soon, Do i need to do anything to setup an account with Hydro before closing ? I understand that the meters will be installed and Toronto Hydro is the default vendor for Hydro, I am wondering would i need to do anything at this time to setup an account under my name or anything and have it ready for the day of closing ? All suggestions and advise is much appreciated. Thank You

Why not call Toronto Hydro? See www at http://www.torontohydro.com/sites/electricsystem/pages/foryourhome.aspx

As soon as you have your occupancy, you should contact Hydro and give them your information. It's your responsibility to pay the Hydro once you move in. They meters were installed before you moved in. You will see the cost for the meter and installation on your final condo closing statement.

You have to contact them since it is more of their internal perspective thing to do. We can't really do anything here.

Look for your first Hydro
monthly-billing_monthly-green.png

bill starting this fall!

See link.

All utilities in the province are now required by the Ontario Energy Board to move to monthly billing by the end of 2016. That means you'll receive 12 bills a year instead of six, making it easier to manage your costs.

Monthly billing also aligns with other companies that bill monthly, such as gas and telephone.​

Back