Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my point of view, the city will fund the operation cost like they do for their current system even though they may not operate it. Maintenance of LRV will fall to the city like the buses, but the infrastructure will be on the P3 dime.
Cities not city....surely?

I am dealing with Mississauga and no one else in my posting. Therefore its City. Geeeee

The LRT actually ends INSIDE the southern frontiers of Brampton. Unless they put up a wall to keep it out.

lrt_map_0.jpg

brampton.png

that would be awkward since the MSF is also in Brampton....that wall would stop the vehicles from entering service every day.
Nope!!. The MSF is in Mississauga since it on the south side of 407 with the 407 the dividing line between the 2 cities.

To nitpick, if I am talking about other lines in other cities, them I would use cities.

Even though the Line stops at Steeles in Brampton, it still a Mississauga thing since Brampton isn't paying anything at this time that I know of.

It's easy to stop the line at 407 like it's done today with MT route 19 and BT route 2

Nope!!. The MSF is in Mississauga since it on the south side of 407 with the 407 the dividing line between the 2 cities.

To nitpick, if I am talking about other lines in other cities, them I would use cities.

Even though the Line stops at Steeles in Brampton, it still a Mississauga thing since Brampton isn't paying anything at this time that I know of.

It's easy to stop the line at 407 like it's done today with MT route 19 and BT route 2

Part 1.

You are completely wrong. The MSF is located in the City of Brampton. The 407 is NOT the Brampton-Mississauga municipal boundary. The boundary is on the south side of the hydro one corridor which is a hundred or so meters to the south of the 407. The spur tracks to get into the MSF are in Mississauga, but the MSF yard and building footprint itself are in the City of Brampton. I'll post maps and links in a moment.

Last edited:
You are completely wrong. The MSF is located in the City of Brampton. The 407 is NOT the Brampton-Mississauga municipal boundary. The boundary is on the south side of the hydro one corridor which is a hundred or so meters to the south of the 407. The spur tracks to get into the MSF are in Mississauga, but the MSF yard and building footprint itself are in the City of Brampton. I'll post maps and links in a moment.

It's the north property line of the Premium Tire and Auto Centre. The 407/Hurontario park and ride bus platforms, parking spaces, and the exit to Hurontario Street are (barely) in Brampton as well.

Part 2 re

From "Appendix B.3 Preliminary Maintenance and Storage Facility (MSF) Assessment Reports" (link opens the downloaded PDF) June 2014 (see here for a link to the report on Metrolinx's website):

Findings and Conclusions
• Site 14 (East of Hurontario, south of Highway 407) is identified as the Preferred Site for the MSF for the purpose of conducting the TPAP; Configuration 1 for this site is shown in Figure E-2. The major reasons for supporting this site were that the property is potentially acquirable at no cost (making it the overall cheapest site in this case), and that the site is in a protected corridor and would be unlikely to otherwise have any major development on it; thus there is no opportunity cost of building on this site.

Here is the Site 14 site plan from page 10. I have added the yellow line which is the Brampton-Mississauga border.

2glEioS

Here is the City of Brampton's "Schedule A: General Land Use Designations" from its Official Plan. I have zoomed in on the area in question. The red line is the 407, the hatched grey area is the "Parkway Belt West" and the grey layer is for "Provincial Highways". The blue line is the border.

2hPnUxe

Here's a version with the MSF imposed in:

2yB2gEY

The Brampton border extends approximately 225 metres to the south of the 407, which will encapsulate the MSF:

MSFdistance

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
No one is nitpicking....this thing is gonna cost money to run and a decent percentage of it is in Brampton......if Mississauga wants to run and pay for the whole thing including the part in Brampton....that's fine. If I were paying taxes to the city of Mississauga, though, I'd be insisting that some formula be created to make sure Brampton contributed to the op costs.

No one is nitpicking....this thing is gonna cost money to run and a decent percentage of it is in Brampton......if Mississauga wants to run and pay for the whole thing including the part in Brampton....that's fine. If I were paying taxes to the city of Mississauga, though, I'd be insisting that some formula be created to make sure Brampton contributed to the op costs.

I concur with @TOareaFan. Brampton Council accepted the project to Steeles. Staff projected what the operating revenue/expenses would be all the way to the Brampton GO Station and publicly presented it (and yes, I realize some may disagree with the projections). The LRT will stop at Steeles. So of course at some point staff will update Council on the operating situation for the Brampton portion. So, time to adjust "that I know of".

I concur with @TOareaFan. Brampton Council accepted the project to Steeles. Staff projected what the operating revenue/expenses would be all the way to the Brampton GO Station and publicly presented it (and yes, I realize some may disagree with the projections). The LRT will stop at Steeles. So of course at some point staff will update Council on the operating situation for the Brampton portion. So, time to adjust "that I know of".
Look, as someone who may still have a year or 2 of paying taxes in Brampton when this opens, I would be happy to let my neighbours to the south pick up the entire tab.....but I am not sure why they would.

Look, as someone who may still have a year or 2 of paying taxes in Brampton when this opens, I would be happy to let my neighbours to the south pick up the entire tab.....but I am not sure why they would.

Guess it depends on when the operating agreement would come into force. Is it possible any municipal contribution from Brampton wouldn't occur until 2022 when the line opens? Also, would it be part of the overall Brampton Transit line item in the budget or is it likely they'll break it out into a separate line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back