Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Not sure I see the relationship.

I assume the relationship would be the connectivity and the transfer opportunity. That said, even the alternatives to the HMLRT all are projected to end/start at the downtown Brampton GO Station. Of course how they get there and the challenges that presents will be debated by some.

Also, the Brampton GO Station was already projected to get GO RER service, just not as much as Bramalea. With the Agreement in Principal with CN Rail to build a bypass and divert CN trains away from the Kitchener Line, in theory, it should enable more service for the between Bramalea and Kitchener. Of course as some here point out, the Agreement was signed in June 2016 and we haven't heard much since then so it's not guaranteed yet it will actually happen. The bypass is a big, complex and expensive project that will easily go beyond the 2018 elections in terms of the design and procurement phase.

Now that Brampton will have all day service as of this year, wonder if they regret killing the LRT.
I guarantee it that you could ask the councilors who voted against LRT this, they would look you dead in the eye and say that improved GO service is great for Brampton and LRT on Main St is bad for Brampton, and have no regret.

I guarantee it that you could ask the councilors who voted against LRT this, they would look you dead in the eye and say that improved GO service is great for Brampton and LRT on Main St is bad for Brampton, and have no regret.
The reasons some opposed the LRT are varied....but connectivity, or lack thereof, was not, likely, a factor.

I assume the relationship would be the connectivity and the transfer opportunity. That said, even the alternatives to the HMLRT all are projected to end/start at the downtown Brampton GO Station. Of course how they get there and the challenges that presents will be debated by some.

Also, the Brampton GO Station was already projected to get GO RER service, just not as much as Bramalea. With the Agreement in Principal with CN Rail to build a bypass and divert CN trains away from the Kitchener Line, in theory, it should enable more service for the between Bramalea and Kitchener. Of course as some here point out, the Agreement was signed in June 2016 and we haven't heard much since then so it's not guaranteed yet it will actually happen. The bypass is a big, complex and expensive project that will easily go beyond the 2018 elections in terms of the design and procurement phase.
I guess what I was saying is that if a Brampton councillor was thinking about how to get people to that all day service (if, as some assume, it is coming this year) they could look at the multiple bus routes they currently offer and say...."those do the job".

I guess what I was saying is that if a Brampton councillor was thinking about how to get people to that all day service (if, as some assume, it is coming this year) they could look at the multiple bus routes they currently offer and say...."those do the job".

Very true, there would be some on Council who would say that. There is also a strong desire by some in Brampton to add a multi-storey, Lakeshore Line-like parking structure to the Brampton GO Station. There are various views by different groups in Brampton on both how Council should view the connectivity issue, and the parking garage issue and the issues won't be resolved in the next few months but will at some point.

The reasons some opposed the LRT are varied....but connectivity, or lack thereof, was not, likely, a factor.
It will be a factor when foot traffic increases come summer.
Probably, and they'll regret it.

Very true, there would be some on Council who would say that. There is also a strong desire by some in Brampton to add a multi-storey, Lakeshore Line-like parking structure to the Brampton GO Station. There are various views by different groups in Brampton on both how Council should view the connectivity issue, and the parking garage issue and the issues won't be resolved in the next few months but will at some point.
I didn't know Brampton go was supposed to get RER? I thought RER was going to Bramalea, and Brampton would get hourly service unless some crossover was done with Halwest?

The parking one is easy......ML bought an office building and some adjacent residential properties at George and Railroad street....they are planning on levelling them and building parking.

The parking one is easy......ML bought an office building and some adjacent residential properties at George and Railroad street....they are planning on levelling them and building parking.

Actually??? That's so perverse... the exact opposite of what they should be doing.

Actually??? That's so perverse... the exact opposite of what they should be doing.
Last April......ML confirmed that it is for parking although they held out a carrot that it offered them flexibility to plan a future mobility hub...but definitely the primary objective was to address the parking issue they see at the station.

Last April......ML confirmed that it is for parking although they held out a carrot that it offered them flexibility to plan a future mobility hub...but definitely the primary objective was to address the parking issue they see at the station.

My sense from that ML purchase was that surface parking would be quick and easy but they hadn't committed the money (or the province hadn't committed yet) to the cost of a larger multi-storey garage. I agree that's probably the long-term idea but as best I can tell nothing has been announced yet.

At the risk of getting people mad at me like I did on twitter when I commented on this....it is a bit underwhelming that the first intensification yield from a $1.4B LRT line that projects 30 million riders...and that ridership projection is predicated on a doubling of the share of trips using transit.....is a 6 storey parking garage for cars.

Anyone else look at the renderings in the Business Case of that intersection and think the new shiny buildings they showed were office or residential as opposed to parking and a new station?

Extending John street should make a big improvement getting in and out of this station. Currently there are only two points along Hillcrest Ave.

Back