Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

It's not just a trope - it's the truth. Harris did it, Hudak tried to do it (cancel the RER work). The fact of the matter is that conservatives think we're still living in the post-war automobile age, and they're just generally unintelligent people who are ruining Ontario for the rest of us - there I said it w00t!

And regardless of which party is incoming, elections are a historically turbulent time for infrastructure decisions. If you want any particular infrastructure built, you better hope it's underway before the next election, regardless of the party.

And regardless of which party is incoming, elections are a historically turbulent time for infrastructure decisions. If you want any particular infrastructure built, you better hope it's underway before the next election, regardless of the party.
or beyond the "fill in the hole" stage at least ;)

It's not just a trope - it's the truth. Harris did it, Hudak tried to do it (cancel the RER work). The fact of the matter is that conservatives think we're still living in the post-war automobile age, and they're just generally unintelligent people who are ruining Ontario for the rest of us - there I said it w00t!

I wouldn't be that simplistic or condescending. Those who take these positions do so because they think it's what the voters will choose.

And the voters may, considering the current party has not been branding itself on a "careful with your tax dollars" theme.

It will take some very skillful and respectful dialog with the voters to keep these projects on the front burner.

- Paul

Exactly why shouldn't we be worried if we are concerned about transit. This is a party who have cancelled transit projects already under construction in the past and have campaigned on cancelling transit projects. Maybe with Patrick Brown we might get some change. But seeing how he handled the sex ed issue, he may tell us one thing and cancel them once he gets in.

A few updates from tonight meeting at City hall and no surprises.

Service will be every 5 minutes at peak and 10 off peak using 2 cars. The line is still plan on being split and will have some issues doping it.

The bridge over the 403 will be 100% rebuilt and widen, considering the road deck was just rebuilt this past year.

The line will run along the north side of Rathburn and angle up to Hurontario At City View Dr where it will go either nort or south at this point.

The new GO parking structure will be at the west end of the current site.

The bridge at Cooksville will be 100% rebuilt for 4 track and a Pedestrian bridge on the south side. The bridge will have elevator and stairs to the LRT platform.

The maintenance yard will be next to the 407, laving no room for the proposed bypass tracks for CN.

Need to add a few stops and move some.

Requested to submitted in writing the proposal of opening the line in phases, as it was well received by both the city and Metrolinx top personnel.

I can't recall if I made the recommendation in the past, but call for the ROW be grass. Cost would have to be pickup by the city like it is in Toronto for the Crosstown Line now.

RFQ was issues today, with RFP in 2017 and construction in late 2018. Open in 2022 as a full P3 that will include purchase of vehicles and operation.

A huge turn out. All the ward meetings will have more detail drawings, as well having the staff for those areas on hand as well.

So when will agreements be signed, such that Mr Brown can't cancel the LRT?
Yes, just pay a penalty and stop work. Even projects like the power plants can be halted with a wasted amount of more than $1B.

In the meanwhile...
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...counting-on-bombardier-for-new-lrt-lines.html

BBD won't have their Flexity on this LRT line either. Alstom, Siemens and the other must be happy. Imagine BBD on Eglinton, Siemens on Finch and Alstom on Hurontario. That would make transit enthusiasts happy. Btw, the article does say teh 14 is straight from the 182 order and not an option for additional cars.

In the meanwhile...
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...counting-on-bombardier-for-new-lrt-lines.html

BBD won't have their Flexity on this LRT line either. Alstom, Siemens and the other must be happy. Imagine BBD on Eglinton, Siemens on Finch and Alstom on Hurontario. That would make transit enthusiasts happy. Btw, the article does say teh [sic] 14 is straight from the 182 order and not an option for additional cars.
About time.... I'd rather pay more to credible suppliers if it gets us away from these shysters who have proven again and again to be unable to deliver LRVs on time.

About time.... I'd rather pay more to credible suppliers if it gets us away from these shysters who have proven again and again to be unable to deliver LRVs on time.

It's about time that continual underperformance translate into consequence. Cue Thunder Bay protest in 3, 2, 1...

AoD

Honest question here.....are there more than 3 companies in Canada capable/qualified to build this sort of system? Why go through the process of an RFQ....surely the companies (be it 2 or 5) that could do this are well known to ML....couldn't we just identify those companies and send them the the RFP? In such a specialized market, what is the value of an RFQ that I am missing?
As DonValleyRainbow quipped, this project won't be going to a single company. These alternative delivery models that Infrastructure Ontario is responsible for heading involve a few different sectors that need to come together as a consortium. Those sectors being construction, engineering, financial and O&M if it's a DBFM project.

The RFQ phase is as important for the potential players involved as it is for IO. Companies will collaborate and form a consortium, known as project teams to bring their qualifications together under one umbrella. These project teams vary from project to project and for example, Dufferin Construction and Aecon have formed teams together for a couple of projects such as the Airport Rail Spur and the Yonge Street Rapidway, while the two happened to go seperate ways for the 407 East Phase 2 project.

Once that is all said and done, Infrastructure Ontario will shortlist the consortia based on qualifications and those who are shortlisted are then invited to submit proposals as part of the RFP process.

These are megaprojects afterall and this alternative delivery method reduces risk for the Ontario Government. I think we can all agree that reducing risk for the government is an important step in building credibility and trust in order to avoid the negative narrative that comes along with delayed and over budget project delivery.

The bridge over the 403 will be 100% rebuilt and widen, considering the road deck was just rebuilt this past year.
You haven't been over the Hurontario Street overpass if you think the road deck was rebuilt this year. The work that is being carried out is very minor patchwork that brought repairs to the expansion joints and to the underside to prevent further concrete spalling. The road deck was not touched nor would it be fair to call the bridge rebuilt in any shape.

Last edited:

Back