Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

I find this interesting:

Already, the LRT plan has activated interest in building more than 9 million square feet of office tower space around the city centre. Without higher order transit, Sajecki explains, recent vertical downtown growth had been dominated by residential towers, as businesses felt parking to accommodate employees would be too expensive.

Very interesting indeed! 9 million sq ft of offices is a very large number...

Also, predicting 100,000 new residents along the LRT..... how many highrise towers would that be? :)

Also, predicting 100,000 new residents along the LRT..... how many highrise towers would that be? :)

Those are 20 incredibly large buildings!
5000 people each?

Aura has 1000 units. Assuming an average of 2 people per unit, that would mean 50 Aura sized towers.
I can't imagine developers building that many, that large in Mississauga, it's probably more like 100+ towers of various heights/massings.

5000 people each?

Aura has 1000 units. Assuming an average of 2 people per unit, that would mean 50 Aura sized towers.
I can't imagine developers building that many, that large in Mississauga, it's probably more like 100+ towers of various heights/massings.
Knowning Mississauga, about 400 towers since they don't like tall towers in the first place.

5000 people each?

They can always get on with building arcologies.

AoD

Wow, a positive article about a provincially-funded transit line from the Toronto Star. Very different than their "Annual report shows UPX was subsidized by province" article from a few weeks ago. I thought the Star had become the Sun or something.

Very interesting indeed! 9 million sq ft of offices is a very large number...

There are opportunities to poach tenants from buildings in downtown Toronto. Even with new space added by new buildings, there is still a significant price variance. I know one of one financial institution that has announced a relocation of a few hundred staff (all but executive and lead sales) out from a Bay street office to a new Mississauga office for the beginning of next year as a cost savings measure.

There is also an opportunity for tenants of downtown "B" buildings to upgrade to an "A" building without a change in rent.

There are opportunities to poach tenants from buildings in downtown Toronto. Even with new space added by new buildings, there is still a significant price variance. I know one of one financial institution that has announced a relocation of a few hundred staff (all but executive and lead sales) out from a Bay street office to a new Mississauga office for the beginning of next year as a cost savings measure.

There is also an opportunity for tenants of downtown "B" buildings to upgrade to an "A" building without a change in rent.

The question is where they are relocating to in Mississauga - there is little to no office growth along the Hurontario corridor - particularly MCC.

AoD

Mega City One, here we come! Please name the first mega block Peach Trees. It would mean so much.

Why, Launch Arcology, of course -

latest
(from Sim City wikia)

AoD

The question is where they are relocating to in Mississauga - there is little to no office growth along the Hurontario corridor - particularly MCC.AoD

I am told it will be Hurontario and 401, south side. Standish Court.

Back