Humber Bay Shores

August 19th, 2017

DSC_7851.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_7851.jpg
    DSC_7851.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 755
The area needs the WWLRT yesterday.
Should have built it before the condos. Surely they install sewers and hydro capacity before finishing new residential? Why not transit? Instead of fighting the property owners at the OMB, the city should have made a deal that the builders invest in transit and pay for the Park Lawn Go Station.

Forgoing the above sensible approach, as soon as the OMB allowed the condos the city should have started a transit plan (and a public school plan) for the area.

Instead I sense the city said, “well, screw you OMB and developers, we can’t stop your condos, but we don’t have to service them.”

Should have built it before the condos. Surely they install sewers and hydro capacity before finishing new residential? Why not transit?
Oh trust me it's not just transit and roads that havent been built in the area, hydro capacity is sorely lacking as well as it's putting a severe strain on the nearby Manby transformer station at Kipling. I'm not sure about the sewer capacity, but i'm sure we'll be hearing about some issues pop up about that one as well in the next few years.

Oh trust me it's not just transit and roads that havent been built in the area, hydro capacity is sorely lacking as well as it's putting a severe strain on the nearby Manby transformer station at Kipling. I'm not sure about the sewer capacity, but i'm sure we'll be hearing about some issues pop up about that one as well in the next few years.
Reminds me of the white elephant speculators built on the Bayview Extension, without hydro or sewers.

http://www.eastyorkchronicle.com/fe...w-ghost-is-a-chilling-municipal-horror-story/

New condos around Brookers Lane are having sewer backups because the city built a smaller diameter sewer pipe than what the developers' engineers asked for.

That's currently a lawsuit.

New condos around Brookers Lane are having sewer backups because the city built a smaller diameter sewer pipe than what the developers' engineers asked for.

That's currently a lawsuit.
I figured there was some issue going on with the sewers that I didnt know about. Depending on how the Mondelez lands are handled, this area will either be used as a future case study how to avoid planning an inadequate neighborhood, or how to transform neighborhood which was badly planned from the start into one that actually functions properly.

A bit of a throwback Thursday here for you. Humber Bay Shores skyline, a year in review. The two shots were taken from near the Exhibition Place windmill almost exactly one year apart.

Aug 21, 2017:

HBS1.jpg

Aug 29, 2018:

HBS2.jpg

Eau du Soleil is certainly reshaping this skyline.

P.S. Apologies for the poor composition of the first shot, I literally took it while riding the bike without stopping.

Attachments

• HBS1.jpg
    HBS1.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 646
  • HBS2.jpg
    HBS2.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 699

Back