Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

I believe that whole stretch up to Finch is now zoned to allow for similarly large scale redevelopment. The Google Sat shots of Toronto are likely 3 years old now, and some new projects are in there already.

"The southern edge has two large towers but the northern side is empty."

Hardly "empty"...in the block between Empress/Park Home and Norton/Ellerslie, there are 9 large buildings, but the strip plazas here have been remarkably durable. Imperial Oil was to build their HQ there on that parking lot, but that and at least one or two later proposals for that lot and the strip up to Ellerslie went nowhere. The north side of the road is a park (though it's been described as everything from beloved to useless), north of that is Gibson House and the [towers in the] Park Willow rental property (although there was a proposal to build a condo where their pool is - I doubt it'll materialize). If North York Centre subway station had opened at the same time as Finch and Sheppard stations, I bet more of the strip plazas would have been bought up, consolidated, and probably built upon by now.

am I allowed to be NiMBY and say that my condo looks straight down at the plaza in question where this building would take place (Dominion).

I'll lose my view :)

^ I repeat: "Poor west-facing Radiance buyers...lol."

Parking Excess

This project has 825 units and 1249 parking spots. That's over 1.5 parking lots per unit.
We're never going to become a transit city if developments such as these are allowed/required to have so much parking.

Re: Parking Excess

Well, isn't some of that parking for the office portion of the project?

Perhaps but it is sitting above two subway lines.

Don't get me wrong, although it sounded like I was I wasn't trying to justify it - just understanding their position. I do agree that our minimum parking requirements are silly and outdated given we're trying to strive for a more transit-oriented society. At a minimum, the City should at least make exceptions for developments within a certain distance of subways/rapid transit.

61 parking spots are for the retail and 167 are for the offices...but I really don't think 1021 spots are needed for 825 condo units in a building like this.

"thats better :) "

We almost bought a NW facing unit at Cosmo...would have been staring straight onto this new condo's circular garage entry and the unit would receive absolutely no sunlight.

Upcoming Kirkor Projects

A rendering for the office tower proposed for NYCC is released on the Kirkor architects website and is named "Hullmark centre".

www.kirkorarchitects.com/

Judging from this rendering, this would be a great addition to Sheppard/Yonge. I especially like the mini plaza and the retail at the base of the towers.

hc1ca6.jpg

Also, check out "7 City Centre" which is a NY Towers meet Capital Towers in MCC mix in the Upcoming projects section of the Portfolio. They could turn out alright though depending on the materials used, but overall its much needed density for Vaughn. And there's also a project called "Chicago" for those faux lovers out there.

Looks great. Is that a wanna be Henry Moore in the plaza?

Back