262     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 389     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 583     0 

How about that Rob Ford?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the difference between Rob Ford having some beers and mouthing off at a hockey game and Vancouver Mayor Sam Sullivan, in a statement to the RCMP this week, acknowledged that while he was a city councillor seven years ago, he gave money to a 20-year-old prostitute who was addicted to heroin and, later, to a man who was an avid cyclist and a crack-cocaine addict?

I've given pay cheques to drug users and alcoholics. How does that make me in any way like Rob Ford?

It's too bad he's such a boorish buffoon. It would be nice if the other city councillors followed his example of fiscal restraint.

From Globe and Mail article

He also took the opportunity to blame his political rivals, who Mr. Sullivan says used the incidents to try to score political points.
"For five years no one ever questioned the legality of my actions or worried about the health of my addicted friends," he said in the statement.
...RCMP to investigate a possible conflict between Mr. Sullivan's actions years ago and his future role as chairman of the police board.

Mayor Sullivan has it right on this one... political rivals, who Mr. Sullivan says used the incidents to try to score political points.

Are we really outraged Ford acted and responded this way? or people just don't like him for his style and politics?

"Style and politics" encompasses a lot about a person, you know. In fact, almost any inappropriate or downright unacceptable behaviour I can think of falls under one or both of those categories.

Indeed. Besides, would you want to be at the receiving end of such a scene?

Somebody, pass a bylaw to curfew Rob Ford after sundown, NOW.

AoD

It would be nice if the other city councillors followed his example of fiscal restraint.

It would be nice if Rob "Four Dollar" Ford showed fiscal restraint instead of buying overpriced Leaf tickets and beer, never mind showing restraint in his conduct - in City Hall and elsewhere.

Etobicoke deserves so much more than Rob Ford and the other buffoons that they somehow keep electing. It's not that they're right wing - Scarborough and North York have some level-minded right-of-centre politicans - it's that they're morons. George Mammolitti's ward, in this case, is an honourary member of next-door Etobicoke.

It would be nice if Rob "Four Dollar" Ford showed fiscal restraint instead of buying overpriced Leaf tickets and beer, never mind showing restraint in his conduct - in City Hall and elsewhere.

Do you think he actually paid for the tickets?

Do you think he actually paid for the tickets?
He got them from Dash Domi. :lol

Highly amusing story. I've always detested this man and suspected he wasn't quite right in the head. Now I have qualifiable proof.

If he doesn't resign, he should at least send the Enniskillen couple a $1,000 cheque for ruining their evening in Toronto. Also, I don't think his seat is as safe as either article is assuming.

From Fred Patterson, ex of Humble & Fred

Good Stuff

Tuesday, May 2
As I sit here in my underwear morning after morning, I spin the radio dial looking for something that even hints at compelling. Rarely do I find it.
Nobody is doing anything neat any more. Nobody is having sex in a tent live on air, nobody is licking a pigs ass, nobody is embarrassing a big beer baron, nobody is crucifying their producer.
This morning however, there was an exception. Toronto councilor Rob Ford came clean on the John Oakley Show - am 640.
After denying in the newspaper that he was drunk and loud at a Leaf game a few weeks ago, Ford admitted to Oakley he was guilty.
Ford admitted he drank one too many beers, he got carried away and became lewd and crude - and finally got tossed out of the ACC.
It was very compelling.
But now he's fried. Rob is a very unpopular guy around David Millers city hall. The loonie left will take this and run with it, hoping to get rid of him once and for all.
Then they can go back to sucking the citizens of Toronto dry - without having Ford around to call them on it.

[note: a lot of the other comments on-site are worth reading, too]

There is an entire Toronto that seems to exist, somehwere (i've never physically run into it), intent on destroying everything that is good about this city. They are a minority i'm sure, but they have a loud, public voice, often on AM or tabloid sized papers. I'm certain of this because if they were the majority, we'd have lost the city a long time ago, and i wouldn't live here, and i wouldn't love here, and i'd be a new yorker or londoner or something and never think twice about Toronto.

Gee, I never knew Freddie P was such a right-winger. He should maybe leave the politics to someone who knows better and keep kissing pigs asses and being Mr. Goohead instead. Freddie lives in Brampton anyway (a relic from when CFNY was Brampton-based) so he doesn't need to worry about Toronto's "looney left" wasting his money.

Rob is a very unpopular guy around David Millers city hall. The loonie left will take this and run with it, hoping to get rid of him once and for all.
Rob Ford’s actions on the night in question certainly shouldn’t be condoned. But by the same token we need some diversity of opinion in our local government. Toronto needs a few city councillors who think like Rob Ford thinks. Sure granted, he’s a little over the top but if disqualified him from being a councillor, the chamber would be practically empty. The councillors on the left and their buddies at The Star can never stop preaching about diversity; yet diverse opinions at city hall are simply not tolerated.

Oh, I think diverse opinions are tolerated. It's the idiotic and downright dangerous ones that are rightly held up to ridicule. Which is as it should be.

The diverse opinion in question is Rob Ford's opinion that he can act like a buffoon with no consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back