271     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 223     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 123     0 

How about a new City Photos section?

W

wyliepoon

I am downtown quite a lot (since I'm in Ryerson) and while I'm down here I see people with cameras EVERYWHERE! And I don't think they're tourists- they're Torontonians just like you and me who just go around our city, capturing on film or on cards the things they think are beautiful. There is a growing number of people like me, who can't leave the house without a camera.

Which brings me to the point that I think our forum should have a section dedicated to urban photography- a place where people can post their works and share tips and ideas on taking pictures in Toronto.

When the skyscraperpage.com forum introduced their "City Photos" section, I was actually against it, because I felt that there should be only one place on that forum to talk about city things, including posting photos. Here it's different. All the sections on this forum seem to deal strictly with issues about Toronto, and rarely do we get to see photos (except the banner image).

I hope there is enough interest on the forum (and even off the forum) right now for a photo section. I'm sure I'll make very regular contributions if this section starts up.

Sounds like a good idea Wylie. I for one can't stand seeing the same topics being talked about everyday. we need to bring up more topics and need to post pics of construction and buildings, etc... Please more pics!

I can create a trial forum and see how it goes. It will be up tomorrow.

bc:
I have some odd pics of early plans for the Toronto waterfront. I am not really sure how to post pics on the forum, but would like to send you what I have (just a few pics) for you to post. How would I do that?

ok, i just read a different thread and got an e-mail addy. i will try that.

I was just thinking earlier that it would be nice to have a photos section here.

I'm out of town but as soon as I get back I will open the new forum.

Back