News   Mar 18, 2024
 633     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 742     0 

Hotel Mississauga Royale/Marriott Proposal (Downtown Mississauga/Cooksville, 42s)

khris

Member Bio
Reaction score
While randomly looking for some information on Google, I came across this link

In it, it mentions a Mariott Hotel to be built in Mississauga. It's a application so far, and this is from July 2009, which is a while ago now, so not sure where we the application is at this point, or if it will even be going ahead. Never heard of this proposal before, so it was an interesting and random find. Anyone else hear about this?

The address it lists is 3034 Kirwin Ave. which is a very strange location for such a huge building.

That is indeed bizarre....I can't imagine a 42 storey hotel (or indeed any hotel) going in on Kirwin Ave....

The link is pretty cool. I wonder if they have them for the other precincts.

ADD:

Is the Metro Condo under construction?

Last edited:
This is actually on Dundas and Kirwin (northwest corner). Likely it would be facing Dundas so it is not totally weird. Even Kirwin itself is mostly high-rise buildings already. The development application is from 2003-2004.

Ah, they're taking over the old Comic Den location too. That was a great store; I was sad to see it close.

Wow, nothing but 60's strip malls and a couple of slabs around there - this development is exactly what this hideous stretch needs to transform. I'm honestly surprised that a retail corridor as busy as Dundas between Kipling and Hurontario hasn't seen tons of development proposals like this one yet. Definitely one of Etobicoke's/Mississauga's best opportunities to create a really grand boulevard. All it needs is leadership with vision because it's just begging to happen.

Last edited:
Dundas East really would be a great corridor for LRT, or a subway, from Cooksville to Etobicoke City Centre. Dundas is is one of the few "avenues" in the 905.

Hotel proposal here is kind of surprising though. As you say yourself the area isn't exactly an attraction...

I got a reply from Hugh Lynch at the City of Mississauga. Some details of the email:

- 3034 Kirwin Avenue, on the west side of Kirwin Ave, just north of Dundas St.
- The application was filed on June 6, 2003 by Michael Spaziani Architect Inc., acting as agent for the owner 1562569 Ontario Inc.
- The application states that the proposed land use is for a 572-suite hotel.
- The application proposes two towers for the site, connected by a one-storey base building.
- The tower at the rear of the site is 40 storeys in height, the one at the Kirwin frontage is 22 storeys. Four levels of underground parking.
- As an application for site plan approval with current commercial zoning, a rezoning application is not required and therefore a public report has not been prepared.

- The application was filed on June 6, 2003 by Michael Spaziani Architect Inc., acting as agent for the owner 1562569 Ontario Inc.
- The application states that the proposed land use is for a 572-suite hotel.
- The application proposes two towers for the site, connected by a one-storey base building.
- The tower at the rear of the site is 40 storeys in height, the one at the Kirwin frontage is 22 storeys. Four levels of underground parking.
- As an application for site plan approval with current commercial zoning, a rezoning application is not required and therefore a public report has not been prepared.

I went to elementary school with his daughter!

This is quite big news for Mississauga and suburbs in general. I am starting to think that this could be a legitimate city centre that I may actually go out of my way to visit. All it needs us better transit connections and some towers on the mall parking lot (if possible). That would be perfect!

I don't know if it's ever going to happen though. I mean, the application was filed in 2003 haha. I know things move slowly, but not that slowly.

This is quite big news for Mississauga and suburbs in general. I am starting to think that this could be a legitimate city centre that I may actually go out of my way to visit. All it needs us better transit connections and some towers on the mall parking lot (if possible). That would be perfect!

This confuses me ... you live in Vaughn I gather ... somehow, Mississauga getting a hotel (a tall mariot granted ..) makes you suddenly want to come and visit?

Back