Project Essentials / dataBase – detailed project information, floor plans, renderings
Projects & Construction Thread  I  Real Estate Thread
Sun Life Financial Tower & Harbour Plaza Residences 
90 Harbour St, Toronto
Developer: Menkes Developments, HOOPP

Harbour Plaza Residences (Menkes) - Real Estate - | Page 5

Discussion in 'Real Estate - Individual Project Threads' started by interchange42, Dec 22, 2011.

1. koogle

koogle New Member

I've also heard horrific flood stories because of false alarms. Another friend lives in a 3-yr old condo, and there's no sprinklers inside his unit, and I don't remember seeing them either, so I asked. Thanks

2. Youranthony1

Youranthony1 Active Member

Yes, I believe it is the Pure Fitness as well but membership is included as part of your maintenance fee. The gym is scheduled to open mid-late June.

Seriously? horrific flood stories are common in condos regardless if there are sprinklers or not. Appreciate the extra safety.

3. Rudi Spallacci

Rudi Spallacci New Member

I really really dislike this idea of sharing the gym and pool area of the condo with members of the public. It takes away that exclusive and community feeling that a condo gym and pool have when it's only open to residences of said condo.....Are you for sure that this will be the only gym the residences will have access to? If so horrible decision on the end of Menkes to do this.

4. Youranthony1

Youranthony1 Active Member

Pretty sure. I work in office tower and received a good corporate rate to join. I asked if it was a shared facility with the condo towers and their response was that it is and memebrrship is inlcunded as part of the maintenance fee. Probably best to call and confirm though.

5. Rudi Spallacci

You are correct but they are giving out memberships dependant on the size of the unit. For example, if the owner has a one bedroom but they have two people on title and two people paying the mortgage/maint fees etc, they still only get one membership and the other resident has to pay for a membership! Really a horrible move on their end, especially for those planning to actually live in the building and want to use the gym without a hassle.

Youranthony1 likes this.
  6. Rudi Spallacci

Attention all future home owners at harbour plaza

If you have a one bedroom but you're going to have two people living in the unit or two people on title and paying the mortgage, maint fees, etc... guess what? You will only get one membership to the gym and pool in your own building! The other tenant will have to pay for a membership!

The gym in this building is open to the public and memberships. Its basically a good life fitness style gym and condo owners such as myself will have to share the gym with a ton of people who work in the office towers at one York, rbc building, neighbouring condos, and the actual two condo towers! Its crazy and menkes never disclosed it to their purchasers and still haven't.

7. Rudi Spallacci

Also stay away from Sandra Berg if she's your customer care rep. She's a real witch and will make your PDI, other concerns a nightmare for you.