Toronto Grid Condos | 157.88m | 50s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

Looks like aA's Brant Park mixed with every other aA condo projects.
It's almost like a caricature of an aA-designed building.

aA already did this. Far better. And 4+ years ago.

talkcondo-new-condos-in-toronto-lamb.jpg

Attachments

• talkcondo-new-condos-in-toronto-lamb.jpg
    talkcondo-new-condos-in-toronto-lamb.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 1,315
Last edited:
That was a plan for 231 Richmond St East

Based onnnn?

based on the fact that everyone is entitled to an opinion?
At least people will look at this building a second time, which already put it above 90% of other buildings in the city.

On the front page it says max size is 640sf for 2 bedrooms? I live in a 650sf one bedroom and don't think it that spacious. How do they fit two bedrooms in 640sf?

Last edited:
On the front page it says max size is 640sf for 2 bedrooms? I live in a 650sf one bedroom and don't think it that spacious. How do they fit two bedrooms in 640sf?
Smart House at Queen & University has at least three different 2-bedroom layouts under 650 square feet.

Last edited:
If it's mostly going to be occupied by Ryerson students then those sizes would probably be fine - anyone other than that though and it's a seriously tight squeeze

Looks fairly solid, glad they added those double bands of colour to break up the monotony of the balconies. Though it looks like it will only be a detail via able from street level.

Last edited:
I wish they had kept the grid pattern on all four sides of the building. Nevertheless, this is great looking student housing.

If it's mostly going to be occupied by Ryerson students then those sizes would probably be fine - anyone other than that though and it's a seriously tight squeeze

Why is everyone saying this will be mostly occupied by Ryerson students? Just because it is close to Ryerson? Does that mean every condo near UoT is mostly occupied by UofT students? What makes it so unappealing for non-students?

Why is everyone saying this will be mostly occupied by Ryerson students? Just because it is close to Ryerson? Does that mean every condo near UoT is mostly occupied by UofT students? What makes it so unappealing for non-students?

All the students will make it mostly unappealing to non-students I would think.

There's a story on the news page all about how this building is catering to Ryerson students.

Back