News   Apr 24, 2024
 900     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 606     0 

Google Maps: Toronto in 3D!

A greedy real estate developer huh? That figures.

Actually I stumbled upon this area by looking at the planned routes for the Hwy 7 busway and Yonge subway extension. So even though it's in a middle of nowhere hellhole it will still be decently close to transit in the future!!

I wouldn't live there. Nearest doctor's office? Pub? Supermarket? 24hr transit line? Bank? Believe me, it's a lost corner of suburban maze nightmares...exactly why that house was located there (that and they already owned the land.....and it's conveniently located near the 407 and close enough to the 404).

I wouldn't live there. Nearest doctor's office? Pub? Supermarket? 24hr transit line? Bank? Believe me, it's a lost corner of suburban maze nightmares...exactly why that house was located there (that and they already owned the land.....and it's conveniently located near the 407 and close enough to the 404).

Huh? All that stuff is located at the nearest major intersection (Bathurst & Centre) - a very short drive. Obviously the person who lives in a $30M house won't be an anti-car hipster who only bikes or takes the bus.

I wouldn't want to have to walk there to get to any of that. I hated the walk from the Bathurst bus stop to the site, not to mention that extra hike along that urban highway.

I know that the Bratty fam who live there don't care about the distance to any of those, which is what I was saying about them locating there. It's an alright house, I guess. The tile mosaic floor in the main hall is amaziiiiiiing!

I wouldn't want to have to walk there to get to any of that. I hated the walk from the Bathurst bus stop to the site, not to mention that extra hike along that urban highway.

I know that the Bratty fam who live there don't care about the distance to any of those, which is what I was saying about them locating there. It's an alright house, I guess. The tile mosaic floor in the main hall is amaziiiiiiing!
Honestly, the location looks pretty good to me. Sure, I wouldn't live in 905, but many clearly would, given that so many live there. And many are living in places a lot further from the highway than this one, which is very close to the 407, and decent access to the 404 or 400. It's far better than what you see by some with this kind of money these days - a mansion somewhere in rural Caledon, that really is inaccessible. At least the servants for this mansion can take transit.

Actually, the servants have a nice 2 bedroom, full apartment in the place. Yeah, it's one of those.

....and at least a rural mansion in Caledon is a country estate where one can have a thoroughbred horse farm or whatnot. One of those I could get behind.

Yeah, I guess it is pretty soft....but, the servants' quarters are way bigger than my studio flat and free so it can't be too bad, if you're into that sort of work.

That is a bit of an odd 3D area I will admit.. Its focus was clearly Barrie but for some reason they decided to loop around the bottom of Lake Simcoe and get Keswick in it as well.

I expect that there are still 2 major areas around the GTA that need to be done still, Richmond Hill to Newmarket, and Oakville, Burlington, Milton, etc. Hamilton needs the new 3D still as well.

^ After seeing that, I suspect Google may 3D all areas where towns and cities are relatively close together. I wouldn't be surprised if there'll eventually be continuous 3D along populated corridors from Brantford to Belleville, south to Fort Erie (Which is already in 3D.), and north to Orillia, with maybe a spur extending to Wasaga Beach and Collingwood from Barrie.

That is a bit of an odd 3D area I will admit.. Its focus was clearly Barrie but for some reason they decided to loop around the bottom of Lake Simcoe and get Keswick in it as well.

I expect that there are still 2 major areas around the GTA that need to be done still, Richmond Hill to Newmarket, and Oakville, Burlington, Milton, etc. Hamilton needs the new 3D still as well.

Especially since the 3D stops about a kilometer south of my apartment! :mad:

Urban area of Niagara Region now in 3D.

Niagara Falls looks awesome!

1.png

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    910.7 KB · Views: 768

Back