News   Apr 24, 2024
 846     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 597     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

There could even be a photo op.
Haha! With everyone else there and a tim hortons rep too!
Without getting into the politics of it, wrong string. yes, she can. And if she wants to scrape through next election, she better dump him fast. Or the doubtful possibility that he becomes man enough to step down...that one of his announcements I'll actually watch...
Well let's see

- Bomanville Extension is behind
- Botched roll out of Stouffville
- Leaving Newmarket service at 60 min off peak until later
- Screwing up kitchener and not implenting the weekend service until 2024.
- Not opening the University subway extenstion in 2015 when he had the choice.
- Sitting by and not fighting for LRT. I could go won.

And when you put it like that...

The first time he has said no to a media spot in his life!
If I was the media....the next time he calls them to some insignificant photo op announcement ("We are proud to announce the new Tim's at Oakville GO will have green icing on its glazed donuts to honour GO") they should similarly refuse.

If he wants to pick and choose when he is available.....take the choice away from him.

If I was the media....the next time he calls them to some insignificant photo op announcement ("We are proud to announce the new Tim's at Oakville GO will have green icing on its glazed donuts to honour GO") they should similarly refuse.

If he wants to pick and choose when he is available.....take the choice away from him.

But the media won't refuse.

One would think that an intelligent and self aware human being would be embarrassed making these continuing trivial announcements. I also wonder how any of this leaves time for 'ministering'. So in 2017, the minister is the port-parole?

Also, he must never hold news conferences. If I got a hold of him at a Q & A session, I'd ask him a clear question or two. I can't ever remember him answering anytime ny clearly.

One would think that an intelligent and self aware human being would be embarrassed making these continuing trivial announcements. I also wonder how any of this leaves time for 'ministering'. So in 2017, the minister is the port-parole?

Also, he must never hold news conferences. If I got a hold of him at a Q & A session, I'd ask him a clear question or two. I can't ever remember him answering anytime ny clearly.

Intelligent? Are you sure you know who you are talking about?

Intelligent? Are you sure you know who you are talking about?
He is not a fool, but it is surprising how many will play a fool on politics. I think of the trained seals in Stephen Harper's cabinet as examples. Sent on missions to announce ridiculous additions to Canada's Economic Action Plan.

An opening date for the TYSSE has been announced: Sunday, December 17.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/09/opening-date-spadina-subway-extension-ttc-toronto/

Both the TTC and YRT appear to have been very open and consultative on their service changes regarding the subway extension.

I haven't seen anything more specific from MLX or GO...other than the Barrie train switching service from York University to Downsview Park. And even that doesn't seem to be going over so well.

Anyone in the know?

An opening date for the TYSSE has been announced: Sunday, December 17.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2017/09/opening-date-spadina-subway-extension-ttc-toronto/

Both the TTC and YRT appear to have been very open and consultative on their service changes regarding the subway extension.

I haven't seen anything more specific from MLX or GO...other than the Barrie train switching service from York University to Downsview Park. And even that doesn't seem to be going over so well.

Anyone in the know?

Wel since this was only publicly announced a week ago could it be that they are holding back until this latest schedule? I dont suppose adjusting 1 line requires months and months of advance planning and notice. Then again they would probably know lomg before the public knows unless the disconnect between ttc and ml is actually that bad...

Wel since this was only publicly announced a week ago could it be that they are holding back until this latest schedule? I dont suppose adjusting 1 line requires months and months of advance planning and notice. Then again they would probably know lomg before the public knows unless the disconnect between ttc and ml is actually that bad...
Wouldn't it be safe to assume that all GO buses that used to stop at York University will now have their stops at Highway 407 Station? But of course, an official GO Transit Service Changes announcement for December 17th would be preferred. I hope partial fare integration will be implemented ($1 extra when transferring from YRT to TTC or GO to TTC and vice-versa) at least by then.

Wouldn't it be safe to assume that all GO buses that used to stop at York University will now have their stops at Highway 407 Station? But of course, an official GO Transit Service Changes announcement for December 17th would be preferred. I hope partial fare integration will be implemented ($1 extra when transferring from YRT to TTC or GO to TTC and vice-versa) at least by then.

given the ttc's steadfast reluctance to cooperate and share costs/revenues i highly doubt this would happen unfortunately

given the ttc's steadfast reluctance to cooperate and share costs/revenues i highly doubt this would happen unfortunately
Or GO's reluctance in providing Toronto the same funding to cover those transferring from GO, that they offer other cities. It's not like TTC is running a profit - and Toronto shouldn't be on the hook for transporting people from 905, without some revenue.

Reactions: rbt
Or GO's reluctance in providing Toronto the same funding to cover those transferring from GO, that they offer other cities. It's not like TTC is running a profit - and Toronto shouldn't be on the hook for transporting people from 905, without some revenue.

what is happening with yrt/go that is so different with ttc? why cant both parties work together for the benifit of millions?

You have to keep I mind that the extra $1 (or whatever) isn't just given to the second transit operator, but the entire fare ($2+1 - $4+1) is spread across both transit agencies. I don't know how much is given to each, but it has to have something to do with subsidies and resources.

Back