Toronto Union Pearson Express | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | MMM Group Limited

There will be an entrance there, with a passenger pick-up-and-drop-off, south of the FreshCo.

Look forward to more people crossing Dundas mid-block to get between the TTC station and GO/UP station.

There's a sign waiting to be reversed for use at the Freshco/Shoppers parking lot. It has the GO and UP logos but I wasn't aware there was a connection to the station here? Am I mistaken? I thought the only access was at Bloor St?
How long has the sign been there?
If it was just installed, then it sounds potentially imminent (finally).

Since it has the UP logo, it's probably really new.

Funny. Those signs have been there for weeks (my photo is from June 8), but I guess they were recently reversed. Probably confused people as there's no access through there yet.

There's also a new paved walkway that leads to the station wedged between the Freshco and the Crossways, but last I looked it was still fenced off.

Edit: More accurately, this path is just north of the Crossways parking lot, south side of the current Metrolinx construction staging yard. A fixed up version of what you see here: https://goo.gl/maps/LJz4j (Google Streetview)

Attachments

• 20150608_080947.jpg
    20150608_080947.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Jumped on the UP last night after landing in Pearson. Because it was late and I was a little doozy from the flight I forgot to tap at the station.

Figured there'd be a way to tap within the train. Ticketing agent came by and told me that wasn't the case, so I was requested to pay by credit card

Found that very odd there isn't a single tap-on machine within the entire train, but otherwise an excellent ride and experience!

If there was a tap-on on board, people with a PRESTO could board and wait until it was clear that there was a fare inspector making the rounds before tapping. Even if there was an inspector, if things were busy you could board at Union but potentially wait until Bloor before tapping to save some money.

Making people tap beforehand, with the alternative of having to pay a full fare plus onboard purchase premium, keeps people honest.

The sign has been there for a few months and it for the drop off area that will be on the east side of Freshco, once the station constructions is complete this summer/fall.
June 6 shot and was up in May
18572488825_898f98bf83_k.jpg

I don't think that Pearson has let them put any UP branding in the airport, other than at the station itself. I don't recall seeing it in the last couple of months.

Back