News   Apr 25, 2024
 17     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

It's also known as the Kitchener line.
It goes through northern Etobicoke, Brampton, Georgetown, Guelph and Kitchener
It is only known as the Kitchener line....it used to be known as the Georgetown line because for a long(ish) while that is where it terminated....but once the extension to KW came...it was renamed as The Kitchener Line

Letter from the Minister to the Chair of Metrolinx below. What I don't get is if the Star hadn't written about this when would the contract to build the station been signed? Will this now delay it?

hedL7UK.png

IIvOBUX.png

Ohhh.... So then why do people call it the Georgetown Line? Kitchener is the terminal.
Same reason some people still call the Rogers Centre the SkyDome....they got used to calling it Georgetown over many years and are slow to adapt to the new name.....since the vast (really vast) majority of riders on the line never go to Kitchener they have little incentive to change the way they refer to it.

Same reason some people still call the Rogers Centre the SkyDome....they got used to calling it Georgetown over many years and are slow to adapt to the new name.....since the vast (really vast) majority of riders on the line never go to Kitchener they have little incentive to change the way they refer to it.

I find it strange though that they changed the Kitchener (Georgetown) Line and the Barrie (Bradford) Line names, but not the Stouffville line, which should now be called the Lincolnville Line, and the Richmond Hill Line, which should now be the Gormley and eventually Bloomington Line.

I find it strange though that they changed the Kitchener (Georgetown) Line and the Barrie (Bradford) Line names, but not the Stouffville line, which should now be called the Lincolnville Line, and the Richmond Hill Line, which should now be the Gormley and eventually Bloomington Line.
Easy. Lincolnville is in STOUFFVILLE so dum dum dum....STOUFFVILLE LINE! Gormley is a little different. Gormley SHOULD be called the Gormley line, But........Gormley GO is in Richmond Hill.

Back