News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 542     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Is there any update on the track work a Exhibition Station? It seems like it's been under construction for years.

Well they blocked off another piece of the platform on the south side in the last week. The whole thing is very slow though.

The progress at Burlington Station has been glacial. If they had started the station project and the condo project next door at the same time, I'd put my money on the condo project being completed first.

The progress at Burlington Station has been glacial. If they had started the station project and the condo project next door at the same time, I'd put my money on the condo project being completed first.
I only have to look at Brock Site in Burlington or No210 Simcoe to see this now, since both started after Burlington and have people living in them now. Brock was 14s and Simcoe was 2 22s tall.

I sure hope someone or more were given walking papers over this mess and we need to add a few more of these projects to a list of how not to build things. The EX and Clarkson are on that list. Can't recall if the EX started before or after Burlington.

Last edited:
I only have to look at Brock Site in Burlington or No210 Simcoe to see this now, since both started after Burlington and have people living in them now. Brock was 14s and Simcoe was 2 22s tall.

I sure hope someone or more were given walking papers over this mess and we need to add a few more of these projects to a list of how not to build things. The EX and Clarkson are on that this. Can't recall if the EX started before or after Burlington.

I only know the process for projects with PWGSC (a CPERF), but does Metrolinx have some kind of a process whereby an evaluation is undertaken at the end of a project and if the consultant or the contractor receives a failing grade they can be barred from bidding on projects for a set period of time? It would seem like this would be a good case for a failing grade, given the obvious schedule slip. Just not sure if it was due to the consultant or the contractor.

Does anyone know what's happening with the progress of work at Exhibition? Other than nothing, which is what I see.

Is there any update on the track work a Exhibition Station? It seems like it's been under construction for years.

Does anyone know what's happening with the progress of work at Exhibition? Other than nothing, which is what I see.

They've had all sorts of issues at Exhibition, not the least of which was a moratorium on construction there from before the Pan Am Games until last week. Thankfully they have all of the tunnel excavation finished, so with a little bit of luck they should have the platforms completed and the new track in early next year.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

They've had all sorts of issues at Exhibition, not the least of which was a moratorium on construction there from before the Pan Am Games until last week. Thankfully they have all of the tunnel excavation finished, so with a little bit of luck they should have the platforms completed and the new track in early next year.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Cool. Thanks for the update. I also noticed a lot of track work on the south side of the Willowbrook Yard. Anyone know what they are doing? Also, will they one day add a 5th track between Mimico and Exhibition?

Cool. Thanks for the update. I also noticed a lot of track work on the south side of the Willowbrook Yard. Anyone know what they are doing? Also, will they one day add a 5th track between Mimico and Exhibition?
You mean south of the mainline, on the west end of TMC? My understanding is it will be additional yard space for GO, mostly to accomodate new incoming coaches.

Thanks. Might also help if they got back to work now that the Pan Am moratorium is over. It looks like the progress at some of our custom residential home sites when the owners are tight on money.

Considering the amount (and type) of traffic at Exhibition, the station is incredibly dumpy and makes for an awful impression (especially when you take the already stellar experience from the Gardiner overhead).

AoD

I'm pretty sure the site was essentially abandoned even before Pan-Am. It has looked essentially the same since the start of the TFC season.
There's been (slow) work on the platforms. I also thought there'd been some (slow) progress on the new structure near Atlantic. And last week they closed off some more of the south platform.

Even for Metrolinx standards it's very slow. Shame the board wasn't a bit more transparent to find out what they are dealing with.

Back