Toronto The Globe and Mail Centre | 83.21m | 17s | First Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

I'm very pleased to see that the info in that story is still of interest, as I actually pitched it back in 2012. RIP OpenFile.

c27ec42f-94ad-4dd8-8f9d-13dc6c3b71cb_zps5jfh6ngr.jpg

Heard a rumour yesterday that Loblaws will be opening a store here, but I can't find anything to support that yet.

Heard a rumour yesterday that Loblaws will be opening a store here, but I can't find anything to support that yet.

Not possible. Loblaws already has a store on site (No Frills) with approx. 11 years left on their lease, plus options, and First/Great Gulf wouldn't want a "grocery store" to anchor the ground floor of their prestigious head office (with all due respect to Coca-Cola's head office next door)... No Frills came first. Coco Cola was an afterthought.

Razz

From yesterday evening:

GlobeIMG_8411.jpg
GlobeIMG_8412.jpg
GlobeIMG_8414.jpg
GlobeIMG_8416.jpg
GlobeIMG_8417.jpg

Attachments

• GlobeIMG_8411.jpg
    GlobeIMG_8411.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 1,327
  • GlobeIMG_8412.jpg
    GlobeIMG_8412.jpg
    636.4 KB · Views: 1,293
  • GlobeIMG_8414.jpg
    GlobeIMG_8414.jpg
    657.2 KB · Views: 1,322
  • GlobeIMG_8416.jpg
    GlobeIMG_8416.jpg
    639.4 KB · Views: 1,310
  • GlobeIMG_8417.jpg
    GlobeIMG_8417.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 1,308
October 17, 2015

14 floors up and 15th floor being framed now...

Glazing installed on ground floor on Front Street side.

Not possible. Loblaws already has a store on site (No Frills) with approx. 11 years left on their lease, plus options, and First/Great Gulf wouldn't want a "grocery store" to anchor the ground floor of their prestigious head office (with all due respect to Coca-Cola's head office next door)... No Frills came first. Coco Cola was an afterthought.

Razz

First/Great Gulf isn't actually moving into this building. And they're putting Starbucks in the ground floor.

First/Great Gulf isn't actually moving into this building. And they're putting Starbucks in the ground floor.

You sure about that, they were planning on moving in from what I thought, at least originally.

You sure about that, they were planning on moving in from what I thought, at least originally.

Yes I'm sure. They announced that they were planning on moving until they found a tenant to take the space that they were supposed to move into.

If by "here" you mean the G & M centre I think that is VERY unlikely. The retail is not large, there is no public parking and the loading dock not suitable for a grocery operation. Loblaws DO own the No Frills in the western part of the block too.

Back