Gibson Square Condos (Menkes) - Real Estate -

I haven't seen a price list for Bravo Condo which is just up the street from Gibson Square but their eblast said units starting in the 300s.

I don't think these prices are reasonable at all, it just seems like all the developers trying to cash in when they can.

I second that! Especially since there are so many good buildings in the area which offer you much better prices and still have very good amenities and direct subway access (or just outside the door).

Wow those prices seem really high to me. I bought a Menkes condo back in 2002 at Yonge/Sheppard from plans (1 bedroom on the 10th floor) for $158,490 including parking. At the time I thought this was a lot of money! If I were to sell today I'd make a lot of money but hey I love my condo and the location. I couldn't even afford to live where I do if I had to purchase now. :eek:

I know prices have risen a lot but this seems high. I know people will buy like crazy though and it never ceases to amaze me. Even Menkes new project the Savvy is not as expensive as Gibson but then Savvy is off Yonge and Gibson is right on Yonge so I guess there's the difference. That being said the Gibson looks really nice.

Wow. That was a heck of a price back then. Any idea on how much it costs now? (At least $350 I'm thinking)

Those buildings will sell quite well even with those insane prices. The thing about NYCC is there are a lot of foreign investors who buy up these condos for their kids so that they can come here from Iran, Korea and China to study here and get a good English language education. Add to that, are many retirees who are looking to sell their bungalows and downsize into a condo. The location of this building is quite nice, it is next to a park, and will be connected to the subway.

In terms of parking, the city is looking to reduce the amount of new parking spots in the area because of already high traffic congestion. Yonge is basically a parking lot from Empress to 401 10hrs a day, every day, in both directions.

Back