News   Apr 19, 2024
 632     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 626     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

G Road Test Tips

I am supposed to go to the Aurora test center tomorrow and I am wondering if you know what they do on the test and what their looking for? I am also wondering how long the test is and if it starts as soon as you exit the parking lot? Could you guys tell me before 9:30 tomorrow when I go.

Thanks, Todd

Starts as soon as you pull out of the parking spot. I did the G2 Exit test there. the speeds change very often in the area so keep checking the signs. I went on the highway, he made me change lanes several times. Also, I did parallel parking, 3 point turn and hill parking. It was a long test. Maybe 1/2 hour?

Good luck.

I had a stupid black haired bitch that was very picky with the yellow lights and told me to go left on the off ramp at Wellington St. She then told me to do a three point turn and a parallel park as well as a emergency stop with thats the one with the hazard lights on. It was in Aurora.

I am supposed to go to the Barrie Drivetest Center on April, 11 in the morning and I was wondering what route they would take me on? Its about a half and hour right?

I would like someone to answer who has done this test and as soon as possible so I can refresh my skills some more

I am supposed to go to the Barrie Drivetest Center on April, 11 in the morning and I was wondering what route they would take me on? Its about a half and hour right?

Try searching redflagdeals.com. There's a thread just like this one where they even post driving test routes.

I did both my G2 and G test in aurora. They're pretty relaxed, but make sure you follow all instructions quickly, check your surroundings, and be aware of the speed limits. There is one area that looks like an 80, but is actually a 60, as soon as you get off the highway. I think it was near a plaza.

Also be careful when you merge onto the hwy. If there's a car coming at you, and they moved lanes, your examiner might read that as you endangering the other vehicle, forcing them to evade. Even if the other vehicle was doing 140, and it's not really your fault, they might fail you.

I did both my G2 and G test in aurora. They're pretty relaxed, but make sure you follow all instructions quickly, check your surroundings, and be aware of the speed limits. There is one area that looks like an 80, but is actually a 60, as soon as you get off the highway. I think it was near a plaza.

Also be careful when you merge onto the hwy. If there's a car coming at you, and they moved lanes, your examiner might read that as you endangering the other vehicle, forcing them to evade. Even if the other vehicle was doing 140, and it's not really your fault, they might fail you.

I tried my G2 in Aurora and got it but I tried my G in Aurora and the bitch failed me.

Hey guys, newbie here! Going for my G test soon and I have a couple of questions and I'm hoping you guys can help me out:

1) Am I allowed to reposition myself when backing in? On the driving test I'll have to do the stupid 90 degree reverse thing. Say I screw up and my car isn't aligned with the spot, am I allowed to pull forward to realign myself or do I have to back into the spot all in one go (same thing for parallel parking, can I reposition myself and go again if I screw it up)?

2) Should I come to a complete stop when exiting an aisle in a parking lot? I know that technically it's private property so the HTA doesn't apply, but should I still treat parking lots as if they have stop signs?

3) What's the proper way to do an emergency stop? The online driver's handbook on the MTO website doesn't mention whether you should slow down first before pulling off the road or go on the shoulder before slowing down.

Thanks

Hey guys, newbie here! Going for my G test soon and I have a couple of questions and I'm hoping you guys can help me out:

1) Am I allowed to reposition myself when backing in? On the driving test I'll have to do the stupid 90 degree reverse thing. Say I screw up and my car isn't aligned with the spot, am I allowed to pull forward to realign myself or do I have to back into the spot all in one go (same thing for parallel parking, can I reposition myself and go again if I screw it up)?

2) Should I come to a complete stop when exiting an aisle in a parking lot? I know that technically it's private property so the HTA doesn't apply, but should I still treat parking lots as if they have stop signs?

3) What's the proper way to do an emergency stop? The online driver's handbook on the MTO website doesn't mention whether you should slow down first before pulling off the road or go on the shoulder before slowing down.

Thanks

1. Yes, but try not to go beyond two tries. Not sure about three tries. Also try not to curb your rear, crunchy noises look bad.

2. Better stop all the way. I never do if there's no real stop sign, but your examiner may be picky. If there are other cars around, definitely stop all the way.

3. Not sure about this. I never got this on any of my tests. Logic says do whatever disrupts traffic the least, but they don't always follow common sense. Personally I'd slow down immediately if there are no cars behind me - immediately changing lanes while at high speed may unbalance the car, especially if the shoulder isn't perfectly paved. If there are cars behind me, I'd try to shift to the shoulder or clearer lane before stopping. basically, don't cause more damage than necessary to yourself or others. But don't quote me on this.

Last edited:
G Test Etobicoke Route Details:-
1 exit the facility, make a right going east on eglington. (70km/h Max.Zone)
2 continue along, make a right on renforth (40km/h zone)
3 left on eringate (residential). (50 Km/h Max. Zone)
4 make First right onto First side street.
5 Three - point Turn:Then Emergency STop.
6 Turn Right into Eringate Dr. Again
7 enter highway-427, proceed until burnhapmthorpe(Do Lane inbetween-left and right again), then exit (left-dedicated exits).
8 Take Right Entrance Ramp Loop Again for the Highway going North
9 get on highway again
10 exit at eglington avenue.
11 Take Right at Matheson Blvd East.from Eglinton Ave.W
12 Get Back to Eglinton ave. west from Renforth Dr.
13 return back to drive centre.
14 DO a Parallel Park Between 2 STOP CONE POLES.
12 Then pull straight in to one of the Parking Spots.

3.)To do an emergency stop:-
They'll make you do it in a residential area.
Signal a right turn.
Stop your vehicle abt a feet from the curb.
Select the parking Gear
Pull Hand Brake.
Switch on Hazard lights.

I did this recently in my G.....everything was fine..

3.)To do an emergency stop:-
They'll make you do it in a residential area.
Signal a right turn.
Stop your vehicle abt a feet from the curb.
Select the parking Gear
Pull Hand Brake.
Switch on Hazard lights.

I did this recently in my G.....everything was fine......

Back