News   Apr 25, 2024
 41     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

G Road Test Tips

Failed My G2-exit Test

So.... I failed my G2-exit test today at Vic Park. I'm kinda bummed. Have to wait 10 days for another date. The examiner was so rude (large Indian man). When I pulled out on Lawrence, I accelerated to 60km, but then sped upto 80km when he asked me to change lanes. I know, stupid mistake on my part. I'm so used to accelerating on the highway. The examiner was yelling at me the entire time. I was told to pull into Underhill, and he asked me to parallel park. I did it :) The owner of the car infront of me, was putting her child in the car seat. Seeing that I was waiting for her, my examiner kept shaking his head. He then shouted for me to go. I told him that if I went, I would hit the lady. I didn't go. I waited. I think that made him mad. He took me back to the test centre.

I'm not going to let this experience discourage me though. When I came home, I got a letter in the post that I have gotten into medical school. God works in mysterious ways I guess. It wasn't my time today. I WILL GET YOU G LICENSE!!!

Yes it is very hard to stay at the right speed. Also when passing, always pass slowing down rather passing my speeding up.

Never take a v6 car into a test, they tend to somehow go faster then you intend them to go.

Much easier to control your speed with a V4, imo...

you know many G2 Drivers think they can go on the Highway alone.

I did a lot with my parents and cousins...

The only restrictions on G2 drivers are no alcohol period, everyone must have a seatbelt, and some new restrictions about the amount of people you can have in the car if you are under a certain age (aparently). You can drive on the highway.

Every year fully licensed drivers start rumours to play tricks on people just turning 16. It rarely comes true.

I heard you can drive on the highway during the day by yourself but at night it must be with a G driver...

G2-exit Test At Grandmarshall (morningside)

Has anyone taken their G2-Exit Test at Morningside? If so, please tell me what the roads are like, and how your test went.

My license expires next month, but the on-line booking system says that the last day that I can take my test is sometime in mid-June. I'm confused :confused:

If I re-take my G1-Exit Test before my license expires, how long is it valid for? I should have taken my G2-Exit a long time ago, but I was living abroad. Now, I'm screwed.

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

I heard you can drive on the highway during the day by yourself but at night it must be with a G driver...

no, you can drive pretty much anywhere with a G2 at anytime. I know that the first six or so month of having G2 between 12:00 and 5:00am you can only have one passenger....I don't know the exact restriction but some thing to this effect.

So.... I failed my G2-exit test today at Vic Park. I'm kinda bummed. Have to wait 10 days for another date. The examiner was so rude (large Indian man). When I pulled out on Lawrence, I accelerated to 60km, but then sped upto 80km when he asked me to change lanes. I know, stupid mistake on my part. I'm so used to accelerating on the highway. The examiner was yelling at me the entire time. I was told to pull into Underhill, and he asked me to parallel park. I did it :) The owner of the car infront of me, was putting her child in the car seat. Seeing that I was waiting for her, my examiner kept shaking his head. He then shouted for me to go. I told him that if I went, I would hit the lady. I didn't go. I waited. I think that made him mad. He took me back to the test centre.

I'm not going to let this experience discourage me though. When I came home, I got a letter in the post that I have gotten into medical school. God works in mysterious ways I guess. It wasn't my time today. I WILL GET YOU G LICENSE!!!

This sure is one bad experience. When I did my test the person didn't even talk to me. Even when I made errors they did not mention anything, just started writing on the test from. I passed so the errors were not that big:) Good luck next time, and maybe go to a different place. I did mine in Barrie, where my family lives.

Hi, i am just about to get my G1 and i was wondering if someone could answer a few questions i have:

1. I've done the practice tests on Young Driver's website and I've passed easily, is the G1 knowledge test similar to the practice test online (same questions, structured the same way, etc.)?

2. I've heard about people having to be on a waiting list for a year or more for a road test (at least in the city of Toronto). Is this true?

Thank all!

Has anyone taken their G2-Exit Test at Morningside? If so, please tell me what the roads are like, and how your test went.

My license expires next month, but the on-line booking system says that the last day that I can take my test is sometime in mid-June. I'm confused :confused:

If I re-take my G1-Exit Test before my license expires, how long is it valid for? I should have taken my G2-Exit a long time ago, but I was living abroad. Now, I'm screwed.

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

I am in a similar situation. I got my G1 years ago, but haven't bothered getting a G2 yet and now my G1 is about to expire, and I haven't decided what to do.

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

I think they give you up to a few months after your G2 expires to take the full G test.

If you don't take it by that time, you completely lose your license and have to start all over again.

ALL SUGGESTIONS WELCOME!

I've heard the Morningside test center had moved. I've been told the test route is a lot trickier than it used to be.

You can book pass your expiration date and you can do it online. However, you have to go into a DriveTest center to get your license extended up to the test date.

You can choose to re-qualify for G2 (which is supposed to be an easier more lenient test) or do a G2-exit exam. Either way, if you fail, you have to strat over (written, vision, G1-exit, etc.) If you pass the G2 re-qualification (which is G1-exit) you can have your licensed renewed for another 5 years. BUT i suggest you take the G2-exit immediately after the re-qual test so you don't re-gain those bad habits.

Good luck.

That's brutal man. I probably had the same examiner last time I went... did he doze off during the test? He did in mine. I just heard snoring... it actually put me at ease as it's a sign he was not so concerned about my driving ;) or maybe he's just too tired to care... for his safety LOL

Back