News   Apr 19, 2024
 36     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 724     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 6.9K     2 

G Road Test Tips

Some examiners want you to turn your wheels into the curb as well, depends on who's doing the test tho

Some examiners want you to turn your wheels into the curb as well, depends on who's doing the test tho

Into the curb? Interesting. I was trained to turn the wheels into the curb when parking downhill, but away from the curb parking uphill.

Into the curb? Interesting. I was trained to turn the wheels into the curb when parking downhill, but away from the curb parking uphill.

well.. one needs to turn the wheels only when they ask you to downhill or uphill parking.....not when they ask you to do the emergency stop.

Yes, that's what I meant, in either case the car will roll into the curb. I got lazy when I responded. I just remembered getting dinged ages ago for failing to turn the wheels in the appropriate direction

one point that messed me up....since I was driving like normal folk for a while and getting used to it beore taking the final G test.

come to a complete STOP! at stop signs.

good luck!

Yes I passed. I have my g test there as well on the 25th but I'm nervous becaus I don't have much highway experience :(

Just remember to drive defensively. There are often forum posts on RFD that give the entire route that the examiners take. Before your test, you can go along the route and memorize the speed limits in each area. Keep a good distance to your car in front of you.

Actually, you'd have to turn your front wheels into the curb whether you're parking uphill or downhill if you intend on the car rolling into the curb in an emergency situation.

Don't go too slow (I was told if you go 10 under, they'd fail you) and never go over the limit.

Had a friend who went for her G test and examiner told her to "speed up" (even though she was going the speed limit). The examiner even told her to "go faster" when approaching a yellow light and when she crossed the intersection, he asked "why did you run that red light?"

Back