News   Apr 24, 2024
 962     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 623     0 

Future Toronto 3d model

Oh yeah it's not the singer but the locations that I have an interest in. After I heard the song I quoted the lyrics. I was saving for a school trip to London which by the way was in April. It was a fantastic experience. I hope one day I can help make Mississauga an amazing city like London. Dreaming big for the city I love :)

1-9_zpsa8003fa3.jpg

Whats the red development northwest of the Burano?

yes I did, when the project was announced. just never showed you guys, oops.

I have been spending a lot of time updating this baby and making it much nicer, here is a bit of a "sneak peek"

BVMNnB8.jpg

Image Dump incoming! I have done a lot with the model over the summer and just kept forgetting to post. I went through and updated a lot of the "back of house" for it, which involved breaking down the model from several files so that each project had its own individual file. This allows me more "customization", as I can now turn on and off individual projects, and show projects of only a certian kind (construction, sales, etc) Because of this, the model is no longer several very large files, but is now broken down into several hundred smaller files. Google Earth used to struggle with the larger files and would crash or fail to display them. it used to be a struggle to get the model open, but the many smaller files seems to break the model down into smaller pieces that GE can handle. Opens smoothly every time now.

I also added buildings that are complete but not in the 3D warehouse for Google.

Google is currently in the process of updating GE to have 3D models in the same style of Apple maps, where they no longer rely on the user-base to create the 3D environment. Toronto has yet to recieve this update, but unfortunately as of October Google stopped accepting user-created 3D models into its database. Toronto is stuck with the old models (for now) until Google gets Toronto some new 3D imagery. (which is badly needed, as the current satellite imagery is from 2009)

Bloor-Yonge is going to be insane:

pcNVPBb.jpg

Toronto with everything currently under construction:

iTvMOD8.jpg

If only the only buildings in Toronto were the ones currently under construction our skyline would look like this..

vTmXMzl.jpg

Future view from the westbound Gardiner:

EKwpJhY.jpg

If only the only buildings in Toronto were the ones currently under construction, in sales, or proposed, our skyline would look like this..

JaJidnU.jpg

Humber Bay with everything currently under construction:

kH1Zdrm.jpg

Humber Bay with everything that is under construction or is currently in sales:

KeUk1dy.jpg

Yonge and Eglinton is starting to feel the effects of the LRT:

dUC3nGF.jpg

My start on modelling NYCC:

enK2kgA.jpg

Southcore with everything currently U/C; this is the place where I began my model, and the Waterpark Place III model is probably the oldest model in the set. (ICE and harbour plaza have been replaced with more detailed versions)

uqVuifm.jpg

Toronto's skyline of the future:

WXKRJ6v.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible work! Thanks for all your efforts innsertnamehere!

The new diagrams look amazing and are a favourite reference site for me.

Agreed, like the update, great job.

If all goes as planned our south of the rail tracks skyline alone from Bathurst to Parliament shits on any other Canadian skyline. Please cross post that to put the Calgary fanboys in their place.

Last edited:

Very nice. But as an aside, this perspective serves as a reminder of how big that airport is and how close it is to the core (and how close the core has grown to it). The 400m extension is definitely a lot when you consider how sprawling the thing is in its current state.

Wow this new update is awesome. I remember posting a while back hoping u could do some with just the u/c projects. My wish has been granted thank u!

Haha yep, ever since you suggested it I wanted to do it but I knew it would take a lot of work to do. I'm thinking I might do another video later..

also 2 Bloor west is not in the model due to the fact that it is largely a hypothetical development at this point.

Very nice. But as an aside, this perspective serves as a reminder of how big that airport is and how close it is to the core (and how close the core has grown to it). The 400m extension is definitely a lot when you consider how sprawling the thing is in its current state.
I agree. I would love to see it turned into parkland, putting business interests second for once.

At any rate, exceptional massing work, inh!

Back