News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 639     0 

Future Regent Park Catholic School (20 Regent Street, TCDSB, ?s, ?)

Good news.
Nothing can be worse than its current status. Those homeless shelters need to be relocated to make way for redevelopment.

Yes, looking on Google Streetview, 20 Regent appears to be Regent Park/Duke of York PS. But kkgg7 is right - nothing could possibly be worse than that. I mean, people learning! Heaven forfend.

Good news.
Nothing can be worse than its current status. Those homeless shelters need to be relocated to make way for redevelopment.

If you read the advert you would have seen "This property is currently an elementary school for the TDSB" and "The school is occupied and operating until June 30th, 2012."

However, on homeless shelters - Do you have any ideas of where any homeless shelters might be relocated to? I agree that there are far too many clustered in the Shuter/George/Dundas area. Perhaps you can suggest some possible locations in your area?

I thought the downtown population is continuing to grow quite rapidly. Why are so many schools closing? Or maybe it is my perception.

They already have 2 other public schools within 2 blocks of this school. It was in really bad shape, so I guess this is why it wasn't repaired.

It's another attractive mid-20th century school that may be redeveloped. Upon first glance, losing this school wouldn't be as bad as losing the brilliant Davisville Public School building, which is now threatened. But ideally, if condo development is proposed, they should convert it and restore it, and use the school ground for further development if desired.

Looks like the school is currently being demolished. I read somewhere that this site is 3.5 acres.

Anyone know who purchased it? (I hope it wasn't Daniels)

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5A 3N6

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 141461 DEM 00 DM Issued Date: Jun 22, 2015

Project: Elementary School Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 3 storey elementary school that is currently vacant - Regent Park/Duke of York public school. Replacement building to be applied for at a later date.

Apparently the Toronto Catholic District School Board bought this in 2013 for $25,000,000 and they still own it today - their name is on the signs on the fences. Not sure what the plans are in the future - perhaps a rebuilt Catholic school? (St. Paul Catholic School is fairly close, at Sackville and Queen, so perhaps not?).

The building has now been demolished. Does anyone know what might replace it? I assume there's a plan somewhere, it would not like to have the land lie fallow.

Mystery solved.....

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 1,574
Looks like the school is currently being demolished. I read somewhere that this site is 3.5 acres.

Anyone know who purchased it? (I hope it wasn't Daniels)

Application: Demolition Folder (DM) Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5A 3N6

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 15 141461 DEM 00 DM Issued Date: Jun 22, 2015

Project: Elementary School Demolition

Description: Proposal to demolish existing 3 storey elementary school that is currently vacant - Regent Park/Duke of York public school. Replacement building to be applied for at a later date.

Daniels bought the former Humber River Hospital keele st site and has put forth a proposal for re-development. Sounds like something to worry about if its Daniels it would seem by your post

Back