News   Apr 25, 2024
 110     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 309     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 500     0 

Future of the Hearn Generating Station

More news on how Luminato is utilizing The Hearn. Interesting that they are constructing a temporary 1 200 seat theatre within the structure. On twitter they said that they had a BIG announcement coming and I briefly thought that the Bjarke Ingels Group was involved. Hmmmmm.........Anyone know which architectural firm is involved?

http://www.thestar.com/entertainmen...stage-scotlands-epic-james-plays-knelman.html

Partisans is an incredibly creative and talented firm. I hope to see a lot more of their work throughout the city.

There is a brief but informative YouTube video about the spaces Luminato is creating inside The Hearn.

Post industrial ruin. Minus all that interior iron it has a timeless quality that reminds me of something more ancient, almost Roman.

You're so right. The massive corridor of concrete archways reminds me of Roman ruins. It's a phenomenal space, unlike anything I've ever seen. I hope they preserve the metal wreckage inside. If it becomes a modern art gallery, it has the potential to be one of the world's best.

I'm very disappointed that Luminato is not coming back to the Hearn this year *at all*, apparently. Not even as one of many venues. I haven't seen any official statements about Unsound, but to me that suggests it will also not be returning.

Back