News   Apr 24, 2024
 408     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 587     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 498     0 

Forum Issues Since Relaunch (Jan 20, 2010)

the search function is still not working properly...I searched the word "Pinnacle" to update the Pinnacle MCC Grand Park thread, and it didn't work....had to find the thread manually instead...

I've been finding the broken newest post button to be super annoying since I tend to use it all the time, so I did some research and found that it's actually a confirmed bug in vBulletin 4.0.1. It will apparently be fixed in 4.0.2, but see http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?issueid=35213&page=2 for a simple workaround that can be added to the forum code which should fix it in the meantime.

When a news item is posted on the front page, such as this one, the author is wrong.
The person posting the news feed is not the author of the post. The person who made the post should be the author, who I'm assuming is Ed.

One inconsistency: could the type size used in the Quick Reply field when you're composing a reply be larger - the same size as when it is actually posted?

One inconsistency: could the type size used in the Quick Reply field when you're composing a reply be larger - the same size as when it is actually posted?

Seconded...the print is too small, hard to spot typos until after you have posted...

Also....just a reminder (again)...the search function is not working...wanted to post an update on Market Wharf just now, used the search term "Wharf" and came up empty, had to find it manually, this is a real pain when there are so many threads.....

Really? I tried it again, and still can't get it to work...I am using the 'search forum' button while within the Projects and Construction forum....just tried the advanced search fiield, and it didn't work either....tried using both capital 'W' and regular 'w'...

http://urbantoronto.ca/search.php?searchid=5962

Come to think of it, the link that you posted doesn't work either....yyzer

Last edited:
I'm still having a hard time getting used to the new look of the forum. I think the thread titles need to be bigger, it seems a bit cluttered or something

One very odd thing I've noticed is that sometimes, when I read a post I've just made ( or read my "greatest hits" of former posts ... ), words in them are repeated repeated ... ( like that ). Then, when I close the page and open it again everything's back to normal. Honest, I'm not making this up.

Sorry guys, I know you tried to make it better but I think you've ended up changing things just for the sake of change. (That said, I'll be the first to admit I generally don't like changing anything that impacts my daily diversions).

The site is definitely difficult on the eyes. For example, why are forum member's names in dark bold colours when it should be the project names that stand out. And basically, why is there generally way too much irrelevant crap on the screen? Buttons, envelops, beebops, etc. Any designer will tell you that less is more. How about using more shades of grey or sticking to fewer palletes?

I logged on from work several times today just to get a break from whatever the new crisis of the hour is but I found it hard to stick around for more than 30 seconds.

unfortuently, i agree with you casaguy. the simplicity of the old forum worked quite well.

Back