News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.6K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 352     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 914     1 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

April 26
I did not feel like sitting in the stop and go traffic for the westbound 401 today and used Sheppard to Bathurst and then Finch to Mississauga for my return trip from the east end.

What I saw today does not match the 99% completion number that been posted here, and it is more like 85% for the corridor. If you are talking the ROW, only 99% is pushing it All the stations east of Jane were been worked on and without stopping and looking at them, it was hard to say what happened.

There so much roadwork and sidewalk, let alone paving, going to be a fair number of months to be done with landscaping as well. All the bike lanes still need to be paved. Looks like some road paving has taken place, but it already cut up Weston Rd is a bottle neck, and it took me 6 lights to cross it from the CP bridge.

The platform screens were showing 3 different types of messages. Out of service, Testing, but most were saying Train arriving shortly considering no trains could run with work taking place at the stations and on the ROW. One thing I noticed was the transit signals. Most were 2 side by side with a few with one over the other. At various intersections, the Eastbound signals had 3 transit signals with 2 facing west and one facing east. This is to allow service in both directions for the eastbound track. Don't recall seeing 3 signals for the westbound track and could have missed them.

All or most existing bus stops going west are set up to bus stops after the LRT is open as they are the modern style with yellow edges at each end and behind the bike lane.

Overall, service can happen in the fall with some roadwork still on going.

Back