Toronto Fabrik Condos | 56.99m | 17s | Menkes | Giannone Petricone

Aug 31

That last photo is the exact reverse view I have most days. It's like looking into a weird mirror of sorts.o_O

I am curious to see what materials they use.

It's pretty nice, I work in the one on the south west corner the "fashion building". The one on the north side is pretty nice, had a fire recently though damaged a couple units (atleast on the outside, you can see a a blackened section about midway up facing Spadina)

One of my fave buildings in the city. Wish we had more newer quality deco buildings like this one in the city.

I believe the fellow that runs MOD (Five, Massey) was the one that created it when he was at Great Gulf.

That building on the n/w corner of Richmond and Spadina is absolutely beautiful, to my eye.

That's 438 Richmond St W. It was originally called the Morgan. It sets the bar high with its interesting setbacks and use of colours. The massive vertical window at the top is an impressive detail evocative of Art Deco. It would reflect badly on the developer to build something mediocre next to a great building like that one.

Cladding has begun. Black highly tinted glass with some charcoal spandrel, I forgot to get better pics of the east facade it has a number of panels installed now. Not sure what the material is but it's a matte black slightly textured material. It's visible from Spadina. These photos are from behind 130 Spadina

I initially thought this was precast, but a closer inspection revealed it was EIFS. How soon can we make this garbage illegal?

IMG_3943.JPG
IMG_3946.JPG
IMG_3951.JPG
IMG_3952.JPG
IMG_3953.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3943.JPG
    IMG_3943.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 657
  • IMG_3946.JPG
    IMG_3946.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 738
  • IMG_3951.JPG
    IMG_3951.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 693
  • IMG_3952.JPG
    IMG_3952.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 696
  • IMG_3953.JPG
    IMG_3953.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 665
I initially thought this was precast, but a closer inspection revealed it was EIFS. How soon can we make this garbage illegal?

WOW ! that's a new low for Menkes ... who in their right mind would use EIFs at the base of the building in a high traffic area likely exposed to damages from parked cars? (I can see EIFs being used in balcony return recesses with low visibility and low wear for cost reasons o_O)

Back