Mississauga Mills Square Condos | ?m | 22s | Pemberton | Graziani + Corazza COMPLETE

Jasonzed

Member Bio
Reaction score
They are called "Erin Mills Downtown Condos". I believe the sponsor is the Erin Mills Development Corporation. Sales are set to begin next spring. I don't have renders as of yet. This is across the street from the Erin Mills Town Centre which is due for a major renovation and expansion.

Erin Mills info...
http://www5.mississauga.ca/research_catalogue/H_17_FocusOnMississauga_2012_Central_Erin_Mills.pdf

DSCF0340.jpg

DSCF7030.jpg

DSCF7033.jpg

Going here...
DSCF7031.jpg

I was thinking the same when I read that earlier.

The only "downtown" area in Mississauga is Port Credit and maybe Streetsville. Everything else is Suburbia at its finest.

I would count MCC as "downtown" as well, although it doesn't feel as downtown as Port Credit or Streetsville. But given time it will. Erin Mills, on the other hand, never will.

Per the link above Central Erin Mills is considered a major mode where, going forward, the newly adopted urban principles will apply; it is not considered to be a "Downtown". The Erin Mills Development Corporation probably adopted the word "Downtown" to reflect the type or style of condo going to be built and not to reflect its location.

"In the City Council adopted Mississauga Official Plan (September 2010), (http://www.mississauga.ca/portal/residents/draftmississaugaofficialplan ) Central Erin Mills is identifiedas a Major Node, part of a new urban structure, which focuses growth to areas with existing and proposed service and infrastructure capacity particularly transit and community infrastructure.

As a Major Node, Central Erin Mills acts as a prominent centre of mixed use activity with a variety of employment opportunities, such as office and institutional jobs and regional shopping services that draw people from beyond adjacent neighbourhoods.

Major Nodes also provides a variety of higher density housing for people throughout the different phases of their lifecycle and for a variety of income groups. To achieve these goals, minimum and maximum height and density standards will apply."

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=8c26f0d35c607203e302674f277ef23cc5fc1799&projectid=9168053&region=ontario

CONDOMINIUM DEVELOPMENT Proj: 9168053-1
Mississauga, Peel Reg ON CONTEMPLATED
Erin Mills Downtown Condos, 4635 Metcalfe Ave, L5M
$35,000,000 est
Note: Project is in preliminary design stage. Sales and marketing are underway. Working drawings schedule will be determined by sales. More information is anticipated early 2013.
Project: construction of a condominium development.
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs
This report Mon Oct 29, 2012.

Another wasted opportunity in 'Sauga. This one comes with a special touch of irony since it's being marketed as 'Downtown' condos.

I wonder if they will fool any foreign investors and/or new Canadians...

Back