News   Apr 19, 2024
 836     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 655     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Toronto Entertainment District

I see, your superior because your not homeless? Count your blessings.

I was being facecious and trying to point out how there was little difference in his intolerence and perceived dangers of drunk 905'errs... vs. my intolerence and possible perceived dangers of 'homeless' people.

p.s. On a different note, the province alone spends 120Million /yr in the GTA on shelters (http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/main_nowayhome_cost.html)
I would say it's the homeless that should be counting their blessings... unless of course those funds are being siphoned off by city bureaucrats...

I get the same feeling when I walk past all the homeless shelters, government homes, and dedicated shoot up establishments

Shady people harassing me.

I say we rid of downtown of these vermin so we can all feel safe at all times and all places...

Right, 'cause homeless people are homeless for fun.

I'd rather homeless people weren't homeless and I'd rather drunk 905ers behave or go the fuck away.

P.S. 'Perceived'? If you had any attractive female friends you'd realise how often drunk 'empowered' guys just yell stuff at them that would land them in jail if uttered to a stranger in a residential neighbourhood or an office. I've NEVER had a homeless person aggressively tell me he's gonna fuck me, for instance.

Last edited:
Right, 'cause homeless people are homeless for fun.

I'd rather homeless people weren't homeless and I'd rather drunk 905ers behave or go the fuck away.

P.S. 'Perceived'? If you had any attractive female friends you'd realise how often drunk 'empowered' guys just yell stuff at them that would land them in jail if uttered to a stranger in a residential neighbourhood or an office. I've NEVER had a homeless person aggressively tell me he's gonna fuck me, for instance.

Because only drunk guys from the 905 yell things like that...

I'm from Vaughan, and will often be one of those 905ers who goes to entertainment district and occasionally gets drunk. But I know for a fact that none of my friends or myself would yell such things. There's disgusting people everywhere.

I think what the true issue is just that it tends to be a younger crowd that comes from the 905, considering there probably aren't that many teenagers or early 20s that own a studio apartment downtown. It's a matter of maturity. Just like how grad students get annoyed with frosh undergrads, you're probably getting annoyed with these younger people from the suburbs who are going through that idiot phase.

Because only drunk guys from the 905 yell things like that...

I'm from Vaughan, and will often be one of those 905ers who goes to entertainment district and occasionally gets drunk. But I know for a fact that none of my friends or myself would yell such things. There's disgusting people everywhere.

I think what the true issue is just that it tends to be a younger crowd that comes from the 905, considering there probably aren't that many teenagers or early 20s that own a studio apartment downtown. It's a matter of maturity. Just like how grad students get annoyed with frosh undergrads, you're probably getting annoyed with these younger people from the suburbs who are going through that idiot phase.

But that 'idiot phase' is typical of 'kids'/youth who grow up in suburbia and go 'have fun' outside their neighbourhoods. They don't behave like that where they live 'cause they know police would take care of them.

I'm very young and I go out and drink out frequently, but because I live in a city I realise that I'm a guest in other people's neighbourhoods when I do. The Entertainment District may have once been deserted, but now its residents deserve more respect than the parking lot at square one.

Research about the Entertainment District

Hi all,

My name is Angie, and I am a student at York University. I am currently doing research about the Entertainment District and the surrounding area. One way I am doing this research is by talking with people who are familiar with this neighbourhood about their experiences and impressions of it.

Your identity will remain anonymous; our conversation will remain confidential; and you may choose to decline to answer my questions at any time. Also, we do not need to meet in person. Simple messages or emails are sufficient.

Should you wish to help me out, and are interested in answering some simple questions about your neighbourhood, please send me an inbox message and I will give you all the details!

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Angie :)

I hate to speculate like this but now that it's empty I fear a demolition by neglect happening, or fire. The City needs strong powers to deal with owners like this.

I hate to speculate like this but now that it's empty I fear a demolition by neglect happening, or fire. The City needs strong powers to deal with owners like this.

The City has strong powers, under both the property standards provisions of the Building Code Act, as well as under the Ontario Heritage Act, to prevent demolition by neglect. Whether the City effectively uses its powers is a whole different matter.

The City has strong powers, under both the property standards provisions of the Building Code Act, as well as under the Ontario Heritage Act, to prevent demolition by neglect. Whether the City effectively uses its powers is a whole different matter.

How do you explain the Empress Hotel fiasco? Or even more recently, a building close to my heart, Odette House & Coach House being demolished.

Back