Toronto Empire Midtown | ?m | 16s | Empire | Richmond Architects

The diverse mom and pops shops on this section of Eg West features an interesting vibe. I've always enjoyed the Caribbean flavour of the area, with an emerging Latino and Filipino presence. Brings back many memories hanging out with old friends in the area from my high school days. Randy's forever, definitely best beef patties in the city! Too bad Mainsha moved away. Best Jamaican food is found @ Albert's on St.Clair/Vaughan though. Ming City's also a decent place for cheap Canadianized Chinese food. Also good times chilling at Maria A. Shchuka Library and biking around the residential side streets with my first g/f. Haha...can go on forever lol.

Very little franchise stores east of the Allen last I checked ...

Tons of chain retail between Yonge & the Allen believe it or not. I used to live up here and walked that strip all the time. Mostly chain retail--rather dull really.

The Burger Shack is nice but for some reason their burgers always made me sick. Is that old-school burger place on Bathurst (open summers only) still there?

Last edited:
BFVu738CIAEuMMP.jpg

Im happy this is being built mainly because I think anything in the area as long as its not super tall is a good addition... But does that mean that parking lot is going to stay or will it be gone as well.. If it stays is it at all possible anything could fit on its site? Or will the HUB tower have west facing windows which will prevent a future building being able to get built at the green p parking.

The previous plans indicated that the property line of this project does not include the Green P parking. The corner building housing Pizza Pizza appears to remain though. Should likely be a blank walled/windowed treatment along the west facade in order to accomodate future development of that site. The parking lot should be enough space to fit a decent sized boutique infill building someday.

The previous plans indicated that the property line of this project does not include the Green P parking. The corner building housing Pizza Pizza appears to remain though. Should likely be a blank walled/windowed treatment along the west facade in order to accomodate future development of that site. The parking lot should be enough space to fit a decent sized boutique infill building someday.

decent size? 6-10 floors?

Eglinton West is going to be a hot spot in the next decade. Undervalued now as it is. Close to downtown and the burbs with excellent transportation. The LRT will do wonders.

Of course it isn't "special looking" but I certainly thing its a positive for the nabe overall, and since I live in the nabe, I am happy there is development coming here finally.

Back