News   Apr 26, 2024
 545     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 395     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 582     0 

Emerald City/Parkway Forest: New Rental Buildings (ELAD Canada, various, WZMH)

They made an announcement on Emerald City phase 2.

*sigh* when they are going to start demolishing the apt? :(

I drove by one day and found that there are actually people living there now, at the top most level. I guess demolishing will begin soon.

Feb 23 The first 2 building are been market as Uptown Towers
5474936860_28386f9c8d_b.jpg

A bit off topic, but just heard a rumour the other day that the ELAD Canada Group which bought MetCap living 7 years ago..http://www.allbusiness.com/operations/facilities-commercial-real-estate/4408976-1.html has plans to retrofit most of their 54 rental properties they own in Parkdale...rumour also has it that they may even demolish a bunch to make room for condos. Makes you wonder whats the future of the 1/2 vacant, bed bug, cockaroach/rat infested, Lord Dufferin tower at 200 Dufferin street...

Last edited:
Note that construction has also begun on phase 3A of the Parkway Forest revitalization project (building E1) at the corner of Parkway Forest Dr and Forest Manor Rd. They started about three weeks ago; the site is cleared and they dug out the berm that existed there. As I understand it, these are to be 14 units contained within 3-storey townhouses and are part of the rental replacement units. Given the pace of work so far, I would expect these to be complete sometime next summer.

Note that construction has also begun on phase 3A of the Parkway Forest revitalization project (building E1) at the corner of Parkway Forest Dr and Forest Manor Rd. They started about three weeks ago; the site is cleared and they dug out the berm that existed there. As I understand it, these are to be 14 units contained within 3-storey townhouses and are part of the rental replacement units. Given the pace of work so far, I would expect these to be complete sometime next summer.

Next summer is less than a year from now. I think that is over stretched. More likely summer of 2013.

Was going to post this last fall when construction started on it, but got side track.

This rental towers will be the replacement for the townhouses on George Henry Blvd.

This project is on the south corner of Forest Manor and Forest Dr.
6831587716_84f036dc55_b.jpg

6977718761_5bd12a6fc0_b.jpg

6977719189_2b0fdf683e_b.jpg

6831591418_4b665bfa2f_b.jpg

Great to see more intensification of tower-in-the-park lands. Thanks for the continuous updates on lesser covered areas in the GTA.

Thanks for the photo updates. I drive by often but never really stop to take the time to observe the progress.

Back