News   Apr 19, 2024
 210     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 501     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 851     3 

Edge Lofts Condos (Streetcar Development) - Real Estate -

No, the city no longer requires it.

Cue the posters who will claim that a layer of 5/8" drywall is better than a massive poured concrete wall....followed by a few who will tell you it's your own fault as you should have known what you were getting, despite buying off of plans.

I find it hard to believe that's all they use between units. That sounds terrible. That said, I believe code is STC rating of 50 which is OK. If Streetcar is less than that then it's unfortunate.

Poured concrete is good...but once you start adding in outlets on either side and cables, etc...it diminishes the soundproofing. I have one wall that is solid concrete with no outlets. Can't hear anything and my neighbors have 2 dogs. The other side is poured concrete but a few outlets are drilled into it and I'll hear things pretty easily. The soundproofing is deff not as good as my other wall.

I think that's the one area that builders and the city has ignored. Soundproofing between units to the side and above. Need to find better ways to dampen vibrations better IMO.

but once you start adding in outlets on either side and cables, etc...it diminishes the soundproofing.

Even worse when it's just drywall. At least the electrical boxes are sealed when embedded in concrete.

I find it hard to believe that's all they use between units.

A lot of people do, until they see them actually being built.

Back