Eau du Soleil condos (Empire Communities) - Real Estate -

I agree with you. This is the best project that I have seen and I have been reviewing almost all projects that have a lakefront view. None can compare with this. When I saw the ad in the globe and mail it was too late. All the 2 bedroom units were sold. I managed to get an Azure on a high floor but not in the above 60 range. The amenities look marvelous. The swimming pool is a good size, its only 13 feet shorter than the one at the YMCA. And its salt water. I am looking forward to living in it once its built. I think the outdoor terrace on the 7th floor will be popular. Due to the smaller units, more people will use the public recreation facilities. They have planned a small community habitat here. I really hope it is as good as it looks in the renderings. Every unit has an electric barbecue unit for the balcony. I look forward to having dinner on the balcony, watching the sunset and enjoying the city lights come up. That is worth the unit price. I could not find that anywhere downtown. You get convenience but not the relaxed waterfront atmosphere. I was told by the agent that this project has more owners living in it than renters. Hope that is true.

How are all the two bedrooms sold? On their website it doesn't even talk about a price list or any sales. I was interested in possibly purchasing one but I can't seem to get any information on it. When are sales available for the public? Do Realtors get a head start?

When I saw the ad in the globe and mail it was too late. All the 2 bedroom units were sold.

I was told by the agent that this project has more owners living in it than renters. Hope that is true.

Hmmm.... these statements appear to be contradictory. Besides, how can the agent know who will be living there when occupancy is still years away?

The agent found out from the sales staff. The sales staff know whether the condo was bought for investment or for occupancy. It just comes out naturally from the sales process. For investment purposes, public transportation, condo fees etc are important. We were told by the same staff that sold Beyond the Sea a few years ago. That project was more rental, but it was a different economic climate.

Not all of the 2 bedroom units are sold out. Just the ones that have the good views facing north east, and south east. I didn't ask about the other directions but I think a lot are already taken.
Technically, they have not opened the sales to the public. It is supposed to be sold only by VIP agents. Their office is at 2240 Lake Shore Blvd W, unit 107 (The Beyond the Sea Building). Tel 416 503 3328. You need a VIP agent. You can do a google search for eau du soleil and there are a lot of VIP agents. Or you can call mine, Tommy Poon cell 416 726 8877 and say Louis sent you. It doesn't cost you anything. The builder is paying the commission. You might as well have an agent working for you. If you buy without an agent, you do not get a discount.
At the center you get a price list and package.
With a VIP agent from floors 2-49 you get free 1 parking spot (35,000), 1 locker (5000), smooth ceilings, engineered hardwood.
I read in the Beyond the Sea forum that they paid $3000 extra for the smooth ceiling.
For floors 50-59, you get the above , plus wine storage unit (2,500), humidor storage unit (1,500), extended upper kitchen caninets (free), access to 'sky lounge', dedicated elevator.
Floors 60-65, 10 foot ceilings, garden unit, Miele kitchen appliance package.

Sales staff: Olivia Leung, Anet Maniocha, Sofia Poshni (just had baby), Aline and Beth

They have a lot of units, depending on whether it is in tower A or the podium. Tower B,(the one closest to the lake) is not released yet, so no details.
They start at around 280,999 to 610,000 approx.

When I have time in the next few days, I will post some of the prices at http://w11.zetaboards.com/eau_du_soleil_condos

The prices vary by floor and the direction they face. Anyway, you need to find out whether the unit you want is available and at what price. Hope that helps. The company website tells you nothing, I know. It just tells you to get registered.

EauDuSoleilOffice.jpg

Picture of the Sales Office at 2240 Lake Shore Blvd

Attachments

• EauDuSoleilOffice.jpg
    EauDuSoleilOffice.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 1,003
Last edited:
Has this building sold out? I can't seem to get any info on it regarding a price list.

Far from it. Contact any reputable real estate agent and they'll hook you up, provided they haven't PM'ed you already.

As far as I know the builder hasn't even released all the units yet.

Eau Du Soleil just made 4th place in top selling condo projects in 2012 by Urbanation.

1. INDX by Lifetime Developments and CentreCourt Developments
2. Ten York by Tridel
3. Massey Tower by MOD Developments
4. Eau du Soleil – Tower A by Empire Communities
5. Casa II by Cresford Developments

Not bad considering how many condo projects there are in Toronto.

I'm still blown away by the pricelist. I know they are near the lake but even ones that aren't facing the lake are in the high 3's for only 600 Sq ft. With the amount of inventory out there, I'm curious what percentage of units have actually been sold at this point.

Gone are the days when buying pre-build was cheaper than something brand new that's already built...

Last edited:
The units range from 500 to over 700 dollars per sq. foot. Some of the units in the Terra collection must have a good view because they cost over 550 thousand for well under 1000 sq. ft. They only started selling in Nov 2012 and to be listed 4th in sales for only 2 months means they must have sold at least 50% of tower A. People want lifestyle, a view, a place to walk the dog, amenities etc. Maybe Empire has got the right mixture of what people want. These units are as expensive as downtown core and maybe even more. The view here is better than staring at other buildings which is what you get at the core.

For a complete price list goto http://w11.zetaboards.com/eau_du_soleil_condos

Last edited:
I hear you but why not just buy at "Nautilus" almost right next door? Why pay more for essentially just a floor plan?

Views are great to have but they are certainly not everything...just ask folks that purchased at "Beyond the Sea"....

Nautilus is already sold out. I think most of the building is made up of 1 bedroom units of about 520 sq. ft.
I think there are only 2 penthouse units left at 1.15 million, mind you its 1600 sq. feet. Its not exactly cheap.
This Humber bay area is not cheap.

Why is it that good lake view units always sell out (even with the higher premium)? What is it about lake views....
What is the best building downtown Toronto with great lake views?

Lakeviews are not static. There are the 4 seasons and the lake changes with that. There are sunrises and sunsets and it changes every day and every hour. There are sea gulls to watch. There are ferries that are constantly going somewhere. There are endless sailboats in the summer and fall. With Eau du Soleil there should still be fireworks from Ontario Place. There are city lights to watch every night.

At the core, the best I have seen is 33 Bay at the Pinnacle center. Above 40th floor, the view from the balcony is spectacular. Porter airport is just to the right and its interesting watching the planes land and take off. Sunsets and sunrises are good from that vantage point. The 2 bedroom I was in was 880,000. Quite the premium. Its probably more now. However there are too many people sharing the pool and gyms. Very busy place.

Nautilus is already sold out. I think most of the building is made up of 1 bedroom units of about 520 sq. ft.
I think there are only 2 penthouse units left at 1.15 million, mind you its 1600 sq. feet. Its not exactly cheap.
This Humber bay area is not cheap.

I'm talking about current units for Nautilus on the mls. There are 31 of them including a penthouse. This building just registered near the end of 2012 so this building is essentially "new".

I'm not really picking apart what you're saying, I'm just wondering why people would want to buy something that they can't even see and that won't be ready for 4 years over something that is new, they can see and has all the same "aspects" of Eau du Soleil at a slightly lesser price.

At least in past times, pre-build was cheaper and that's why people did it. There really is no incentive here that I can see.

Back